Digital Adapters - Why I hate rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Digital Adapters - Why I hate Rogers

I agree with you.   If there was a way you could get your channels say from 2-69 which includes Space, I would do it. 

Where can you download movies and burn them to a disc later and watch?  I have been searching for a site that you can download for free and not have to pay a subsription.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

why r we discussing piracy on here? post will be reported to the proper authorities and dealth with

Community Manager
Community Manager

Please keep this thread on topic.

Any posts outside the discussion of Digital Adapters will be removed.

Thanks, RogersDarrell

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Digital Adapters - Why I hate rogers

The cost to them is millions but it is an investment since they will charge $40 each if not returned when customers move or gives up on Rogers. The actual hardware cost could be less than $10 due to mass production. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

@RogersDarrell wrote:

Please keep this thread on topic.

Any posts outside the discussion of Digital Adapters will be removed.

Thanks, RogersDarrell

Thank you for telling us that Darrell!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@suspiciousmind wrote:

The cost to them is millions but it is an investment since they will charge $40 each if not returned when customers move or gives up on Rogers. The actual hardware cost could be less than $10 due to mass production. 

Oh that is quite possible.. they probably dont cost alot to make.

BUT, they are only charging that more $$.. IF you dont return them.

So until that time.. they are technicaly still at a loss, even at only $10 a unit, since they are giving them out for free. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Good point Gdkitty

I'm Here A Lot

My mother is a senior citizen.  The one channel that she watches the most is TCM (Turner Classic Movies).  She is not internet savyy, nor does she wish to become skilled at going directly to the TCM website to watch the movies on-line.  Therefore, we have to have cable TV for her one television set.

She liked the remote that came with the TV.  Since she was forced to install a Digital Adapter from Rogers, they have provided her with a tiny Cisco remote to use with the DA and she can't read the buttons very well.  When I mentioned this to the Rogers technician, he said that they personally concur and complained to Rogers about this - - but so far nothing has been done.

To add insult to injury, the Cisco remote is not inuitive.  With the TV remote, my mother knew which buttons to press for 'previous channel', and for 'input' in order to switch over to the DVD player to watch a movie on CD-ROM.  Now it's not obvious.

To access the General Settings menu

1. Press [SETTINGS] twice. The General Settings menu will appear.
  2. Scroll to the setting you want to modify and press [OK/SELECT].
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions or press [INFO] to get more information on any of the 
    General Settings Menu Features
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

To change the TV's input, that should still be via the old TV remote (though the cisco still may be able to emulate it).  Though that does then require you keeping both TV remotes around.

Hopefuly if you and enough others complain, something will be done about it, maybe even possibly replacement remotes with bigger numbers/text.  These things would take time (assuming the manufaturers make something like that, etc)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

One thing you can do for your mother is check her tv manual and see if her factory tv remote can be programmed to control a Set Top Box. My uncle had an issue, but was THRILLED when I did this for him, Now he continues to use the SAME remote of his TV that he is used to using, plus it now changes the Channels of the little DTA Adaptor for him also. He was also willing to buy a universal remote for $10 as a last resort if his factory tv remote would not work. but this worked out better in the end

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats