Digital Adapters - Why I hate rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Digital Adapters - Why I hate rogers

The tip might not be so handy!  Some may not have two TVs. Others may have two TVs but both being watched at the same time - no solution there! Also, if you have a main TV and a secondary TV and you wish to watch that program you recorded on your secondary TV on your main TV, you would have to move your recording device to the main TV. Well that is just great too! This is not really the solution that Mykeljon is looking for!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Pauly was just trying to give the person options.

With the way technology is going.. i dont think there WILL be an answer to do it exactly the same way as before.

Depending on how many 'outlets' the person is paying for.. could set up two DTA's at the one spot? one into the recording device one for the TV.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Gdkitty wrote:

Pauly was just trying to give the person options.

With the way technology is going.. i dont think there WILL be an answer to do it exactly the same way as before.

Depending on how many 'outlets' the person is paying for.. could set up two DTA's at the one spot? one into the recording device one for the TV.

I agree that there may not be a solution. The two DTAs might work, but the person may not be entitled to another free one or may not wish to set up 2 on one TV at the expense of another TV. I fear the solution might be a PVR and although this could be expensive, if the customer plays their cards right and speaks to retentions, they just might get the PVR rental for free. I know that I currently have two free PVR rentals!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I would agree.. give em a call and see what they can do.

Rather than loosing a customer.. they perhaps will give you the same deal as a new person signing up, etc.. at least to get you started with a PVR, etc.

Unless you KEEP recordings for a long time/archive them.. i could never go back to a vcr/dvr after using the pvr.  Even with the quirks of the new IPG.. its still a much easier thing to prgram than a VCR 😛

I'm a Senior Advisor

Just to reiterate, you do not have to be a new customer to get a deal. Retentions will provide deals to stay with Rogers. In my case - 30% off cable plus two free digital boxes. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@IHR wrote:

Just to reiterate, you do not have to be a new customer to get a deal. Retentions will provide deals to stay with Rogers. In my case - 30% off cable plus two free digital boxes. 

Correct.  BUT these deals can not be offered by the regular CSRs, only retentions can do them.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Gdkitty wrote:

@IHR wrote:

Correct.  BUT these deals can not be offered by the regular CSRs, only retentions can do them.

Ummmm................that is what I said in both of my posts and which you also quoted!

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Digital Adapters - Why I hate Rogers

This is turning into some form of circus, to start Cable TV is a scam but in comparison to today instead of ten years ago now we have HDTV pvr 350 channels and why. Because Cable didn't look nice enough, we wanted to record TV without buying more equipotent and we wanted more channels because there is never anything good on television.

Now take that and factor in profit. Cable has been good for many years but bell ditched it Shaw is leaving it and **bleep** if Rogers is smart they will cancel it too. Now the problem with cable is you can't add or remove lets say 20 channels or have HDTV dedicated channels, plus people can split cable in there homes...which yes even after upgrading to the small black digital adapter I still split it too 3 TV sets.

Now look at the condition of home phone after the beating cell phones and internet have given it. Most companies are throwing call display at you for free, but they LOVE when you buy long distance.

Just like they like when you have cable but think of a $40 plus fees and whatever  for the month. A Rogers salesman in his mind  wants you to upgrade to a modern bundle. So obviously my long distance will stay the same he wont tell me it is easier to use skype or something, my internet will have to get faster because after he is done apparently I have been living under a rock and now my 70 channel cable which has been fine for decades all of a sudden I need another 2 boxes that can be as expensive as 20$ a month plus activation and service and tax fees and crtc fees it wont stop my god **bleep** 40 dollar cable is now $100/month and all I can do is save a show watch a show, and complain that there was more on TV with my 70 channels then there is on with the 350+

I like TV internet and the phone but I don't love these stupid salesman(not d2d but store managers and higher ups) they bleed customers dry because they want that extra .50 cents from you at the end of the month, then they can raise the bottom line get a new car make himself appear happy and then do the routine again. 

Movies can be downloaded in perfect quality  usually 1 month after theaters same as shows, burn them to a disk stop paying telecoms providers. The TV shows and actors get paid from somewhere else we watch TV and pay Rogers directly so IM not paying tom Brady..Or Crosby or south park IM paying some Rogers exec that bleeds my wallet dry. Fight For Your Right. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rocksbury wrote:

Cable has been good for many years but bell ditched it Shaw is leaving it and **bleep** if Rogers is smart they will cancel it too.

Bell used cable? thats news to me...

I Plan to Stick Around

They actually stated again early this year, the new rogers price plan gives bell some room for competition. I was in oakville and in a  new area its bell or cojico and most places have bell cable, so no satellite, its all fibe just like Rogers that's why we need digital adapters.