Digital Adapters - Why I hate rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: re:digitel adapters

whos fault is that? thats not rogers fault. if dont want to pay for an outlet, then you cant hook up a second tv, it seems pretty logical idea to me. I have no problem with it. I am very happy to PAY for my TV needs if i were to need an additional outlet.

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Digital Adapters - Why I hate rogers

You are insane if you think this is a good idea. cable could of been upgraded to handle hundreads of channels as well BUT how would they charge you, the technology used for cable was never intended for packaged channel sales. so now they force you for to take a FREE box...now lets look at free, well the extra cable outlet if needed is 6.99 a month a piece of metal with no software or security features and they can charge monthly...next the one time 49.99 installation fee. are you kidding me the guy comes in respectfull and all but honestly all he did was take the cord from the tv to a box then back to the tv, then did some stuff on the laptop boom activated. i wonder how hard that would be to do myself, understandable for people who have the extra 50 to waste. and thats not all the digital channels they are showing now are temporary, when they decided to switch anolog to digital it was so once a full switch happened they can go to the next step Fibe and internet television. So dont bull yourself thinking its costing them millions, they make hundreads of milions every year because of extra channels and extra fees not the cost of service. bell which is MORE per month is cheaper for 12 months because people want the cheapest and if you show a Price without all those extra fees i bet that price looks pretty different than a bill you get at the end of the month. sorry one more thing 2$ per gb download. i swear to god that is like owning a car paying for insurance then you have to pay more because even though you bought a car paid for repairs and gas etc you are told it will cost you extra because there is a lot of traffic. THATS YOUR FAULT FOR TRICKING PEOPLE INTO YOUR PLANS NOW EVERYONE HAS TO PAY PER Gb. A Gb costs less than 0.01$ to create and maintain.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think there is a bigger issue that needs to be solved first... your issue is not with rogers... I believe the issue may be the fact you have a hard time accepting that things in life are NOT FREE.  I hate to break it to you but last I checked, cable tv was NEVER FREE, its a subscription service.  This post is suppost to be about digital adaptors and now your complaining about internet GB costs?  wow, way to jump topics.  I think you need to take a DEEP BREATH, and just accept the fact that things cost money in life, tv outlets cost money, even though most people were illegally connecting 8 TV's to their cable service and only paying for one outlet and now that reality kicked in and they have to pay, most of them are acting bananas, wow.

I Plan to Stick Around

WOW ok well lets all talk about this small box that they had no reason to ship. Okay so how do you justify the fact that rogers has cable/digital cable, and fibe so why shake it up now. because the market has stayed the same for too long, thats why every two three years look at your bill i bet another 4.99 shows up every month and for what, nothing they charge for some stupid product that they justify with nonsense. upgrading from anolog does nothing except give them the ability to store your viewing data, and it is a way for them to diversify the staggnent cable market. sure il pay $60/month for tv but at the end of the month and i look at my 80 and change bill im furious not that im broke and cant pay but because thats like mcdonalds telling you a burger was $1 then you order it and its 5 why is it 5 well lettuce cheese and everything else cost money, ok can i just get the $1 burger, no we cant do that but if you buy it we can credit you for the next one. Ok ok im not going to continue ranting just yet though il leave with this example. internet plans right now are using the exact same model as 1960 cable tv, first you give unlimited everything. sure sounds good but at the time tech was bad so it didnt matter. then came the dreaded bill by GB for no reason other than they dont want you online 24/7. next will be to seperate the living room and the rest of the house. why stop at per GB why not charge each computer, but hey thats stupid so lets make it so that each computer needs a adapter, each adapter is rented and is 49.99 to install one time fee, then tax it add some bull service charge everymonth then Bam 2 years down the road now our $60.00 internet plan has jumped to 80 and we cant do anything because apperantly everything in life costs money. DOES that fee pay a salary or give to charity or expand the company NO it goes to the base line so they stay competitive. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

im not sure i even understand your post. there is no paragraphs inbetween so i do not know where it starts and ends... oh well. canada kicks **bleep**

I've Been Here Awhile

Just to add another twist to this outlet stuff, I have had 3 originally Roger installed outlets since I first bought my house in 1991 and had 3 TV connected (1 to basement, 1 to ground floor family room and 1 to 2nd floor main bedroom) . Now when I went to the Roget store they say I have 0 (yes nil) outlets and I have to pay almost $7/month for each outlets as I only have the basic plan. And for basic plan they only provide 1 outlet and that will cost me $7/month ... tag to the already $130/month I am paying to Rogers.

Then a phone call to Rogers support say that I am enttitled to 1 free outlet analg-digital converter even though I have 3 original Roger installed outlets for the past 21 years and have the basic plan for most of my life ... they say it will cost me $14/month to keep what I have because of this force analog-digital conversion.

So from this forum, it appears folks can have 0 (yes nada) outlets in their account even though they have 3 originally installed outlets by Roger folks and paying for cable TV access all this years and right now Roger is taking this opportunity to extract more $$$ for us !!!! I am already paying $130/month to Rogers for TV and internet needs and right now I guess it is a good time to look elsewhere for my needs.

I Plan to Stick Around

Is that not funny im in the same boat as you my family has lived here more than 30 years and have had cable since day 1.

2 outlets 1 in the living room one in the basement but i found a way around it.

get the small box and you can connect two boxes too one outlet if it is split. i refused when the technitian told me i had to get the oulet installed i told him to leave the tuners in the boxes, i took a note of name time and bell employee number he left without installing so i dont have to pay the 49.99

All i had to do was take the cord from the wall detach from the tv add a splitter then connect two boxes to one outlet. so now i have 1 outlet in the iliving room but 3 boxes around the house all controlled seperatley. they lie when they say you cant split them.

Also know that you do not have to pay the 49.99 if you tell the tech guy to leave and collect his info to confirm if you have troubles. the main concern i have this year is once the change happens then ctv and all the basic channels are going to recieve an extra 10-15 dollers each month from bell/rogers and company with there services. so now your 130$ bill could jump another 25 bucks and yes 25 not 15  its rogers so we now it coming soon.plus another sad tidbit of knowledge bell announced that internet fees will be in decline this year as they move to a new format. in which each pc is charged for service!!!!!!! so now they are going to charge just like per cable outlet but now its per set bandwith used daily

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

i have 2 neighbours, both are in the same situation as you, the only thing different is one neighboru called rogers 30 years ago and actually asked how many otlets he is entitled to in his house and guess waht? rogers told them exactly, the other neighbour bought the house used, and the extra outlets were illegally hooked up by the previous home owner,he is only paying for one outlet, he went to get the free DTA box yesterday, and realized he only has one outlet, guess what? HE IS CALM AND COOL AND OK WITH IT, HE IS NOT WRITING A **bleep** STORM AND NOT BITCHIGN AND COMPLAINING, which means some people are very understanding of the situation and will be ok with it and others will have a **bleep** storm with this issue and will NEVER take ownership to these situations

I've Been Around

Can we get back to the original discussion? For the last 35+ years with Rogers, I have been able to record one program while watching another. This is a functionality we make use of almost every day. Once I install the digital adapter, I will lose that function which is so important to us. I am very annoyed that "improving the technology" reduces my options. I simply want to continue doing what I have always done! I therefore want and need a simple solution. Please help!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here's a handy tip.. most people can still do this with the DTA.

It appears most people have more than one TV in their household, simply watch the tv program u want to watch on the one tv, and record the other program u want with your other tv/dta.