Digital Adapters - Why I hate rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Digital Adapters - Why I hate rogers

they only give you up to 4 I already have 4 tvs, so I wouldn't be able to get another for free...besides I like to use the SAME tv so I can monitor my recording and edit too!
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, that is my understanding. You cannot get as many free digital adapters as you want; the number you can get depends upon how many analog outlets you have listed on your account. That may be none or up to a maximum of 4!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

read this: http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=1399171&postcount=112 it explains that the number of outlets you have and number of stb do not have to be the same

I'm a Senior Advisor

Actually Pauly, that link explains how the number of outlets in your home vs. the number of outlets registered on your account can vary. I do agree though that a customer can have as many outlets in their home as they want.. However, they may be charged a $6.99 extra outlet fee depending on what cable package they subscribe to. VIP packages for example allow you to connect up to 3 additional TVs at no additional cost.

Customers are also permitted of course to have have as many digital terminals as they want. They either need to purchase these or rent them (unless they work out a deal for free rental). 

Digital adapters are another issue though. You are only permitted as many of these as you have TVs conncected directly through cable i.e. analog conncections. These connections must be registered connections with Rogers so if you are using a splitter to connect a bunch of additional TVs that are not registered with Rogers, you will likely now have to pay the extra $6.99 connection fee in order to receive additional digital adapters.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

my account allows 4 outlets, and im running 6 terminals in total, and there is no extra outlet charge on my account, if u dont believe me, come and see for yourself, i will even show u my bill where it says, when they added the dta to my account they said it can be added and there is no extra costs according to the cable plan i am on, i am not lying to you, you can see for yourself or even ask the roger employee i spoke to, i can tell u which store he works at too if u dont believe me.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I do not doubt you Pauly. There are many customers that are allowed to have 4 outlets, including myself, with no extra charge. But out of curiosity, of the 6 terminals that you have, how many of these are digital adapters and how many are digital terminals that you either own or rent (including free rentals)?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I OWN 3 STB, and I have 3 Free DTA adaptors. I also have one analog outlet without a box which still works, so that should make 7 outlets, i am planning to give this tv to my sister when she moves out so its not important to convert it to digital and i will discontinue to use this outlet after i get rid of tv

I Plan to Stick Around

@IHR wrote:

Yes, that is my understanding. You cannot get as many free digital adapters as you want; the number you can get depends upon how many analog outlets you have listed on your account. That may be none or up to a maximum of 4!

I did not know they were keeping track of outlets.  I pay the $6.99 fee and have several outlets.  There is no distiction between analog and digital outlets.  I can connect anything to any outlet.  However, the signal among the outlets is slightly different owing to the configuration of spltters inside the box at the demarcation point.

So far, I have not received any DTAs from Rogers.  As yet, I still have one tv plugged directly to cable and it still works.  I suppose they have not "rolled out" my area yet.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, Rogers has a record of how many "official" outlets are registered on your account. I have an account with three outlets. Since I have two digital boxes through Rogers, it is assumed that the third outlet is analog. Rogers offered me a digital adapter for the third outlet, which I declined because I have no TV hooked up on the third outlet. I would suggest that you get a digital adapter though since the TV that you have hooked up directly to cable is analog and you will lose a lot of your stations once the roll out takes place. 

I've Been Around

re:digitel adapters

You can only have one adapter if you have just basic cable.... I asked ..if you have two tvs youa re out of luck and must pay 7 bucks a month more to rent an adapter, or else pay more to size up on your plan to get more adapters free;