Digital Adapter

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Digital Adapter

Just picked up a new remote from Rogers [they game me a newer model as they didn't have my basic one in stock.  The remote now works with the DTA50 so I can change channels again! 

Unfortunately, I am still limited to the shorter list of available channels (basically 1 to 21, then 28 and then a couple of french-language channels & C-SPAN)....when I have the patience, I will call Rogers to inquire about the available channels given that I have the "Popular" package.

I, too, had to switch packages from the VIP + Specialty Pack to the "Popular", as well as Ignite 60 to Ignite 75.  The total costs is comparable which is why I went with "Popular" instead of the next level up.  Haven't decided if I need to add individual channels or theme packs yet.....

Thanks again to all for help & advice.  Will report back once I have spoken with Rogers about the list of available channels through the DTA50....

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Circus_boi

Hope you have some success - unfortunately, it is not free like it was in the past, I think themarketing says we can get a HD terminal (no pvr) for 5.00 if on bundle. Not sure if that is the original, or applies to second ones. So not too bad.

In my case, as I will have to do the same switch - although retentions has indicated that I can get very close to what I have, bit more money though due to price changes that I was protected from, but there is a chance that I will get by the same issue you just described.  I have VIP plus speciality channels, one PVR Netbox 3.0 plus two DTA's connected to older TV's (does the HD terminal have alternatives to HDMI as my tv's don't have that on the older ones - composite or RCA necessary, or even standard cable connection cable on one), and I would hate to lose the full channel services to those older TV's.  They are solid as a rock and have years of life left in them, and make great tv's for our older play stations and Nintendo's with low resolution, plus watch TV once in a while.

If I had to start spending money on new terminals to maintain access to them, I may consider digital antennas, as I live in GTA, and if I go that route, i will probably dumpt Cable completely, and move to OTT services, and the antenna.  Kind of short sighted and not thinking that there is a lot of legacy equipment out there - One HD tv in my home is fine - let's be honest, I started on black and white tv with bunny ears and snow and survived.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

It all depends on who you get on the phone.  I got different answers from different Rogers reps.  But two different reps told me that it doesn't matter which package you subscribe to, I believe new DTAs put on to accounts will only subscribe to the Starter channels $24.99 pack.  It also might be affecting existing DTA owners.  I do know there is no way for Rogers to change what channels are shown on the DTA because they tried "pushing" the Select package I subscribe to and weren't successful.  Most likely, if the agent doesn't know what is going on will tell you to pick up a new DTA which will do the same I assume.  

I would just inquire about getting a deal on a HD Box, I ended up getting a rent to own option for 7.50 a month for 3 years and then I own it outright.  If the box breaks down during that time, you can exchange the box at no penalty.  I would call in and ask an agent about that. 

Good luck and let us know what happens.  🙂

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hmm..just realized from looking on the Rogers website that there is no such thing as an Ignite75 package....except that when I log onto my Rogers account, that's exactly what it says I have.....I see that Ignite100 is $83 + tax, and I was quoted $85 + tax for my Ignite75 (though I supposedly got $15 off, making it $70).  Query if I should have gotten Ignite100 for $83 (and I would assume that I can still get the same $15 off, making it $68 for a better Internet package)?!?  I guess I will wait for my 1st bill to arrive to ensure that I did get the discounts promised before I call back, but just when I think I am done (for another year), guess I'm not yet done with having to call Rogers and deal with this....sigh....

I'm a Senior Advisor

Not sure what area you are in, as packages very from area to area - part of the reason, why it asks for area code.

In the Pineridge Oshawa area, there is a 75 Ignite plan, the 100 is now gone and to get unlimited, you go to 150u.

Also depends uon the in market discount models for bundles - the 100 discount you describe was a model before Feb 28, and then everything switched around that day.

Yes, you get to do the phoning dance to finally nail down just what you are getting, what packages were in market when you called, (you should have received an email decribing the full breakdown on your services and prices).

If you are a new customer, there is a grace period, where you can back out if you are unhappy (30 days I believe on home services), so I would start these discussions before your first bill comes in case, you just decide to pack it all in if you want to.  Ultimitately it will be on your 1st bill that everything comes out on the table and you wouldn't be the first to get caught into this dance .... as you said, ...... sigh.....