Digital Adapter

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Digital Adapter

Community,

I would like to clarify that all the Digital Adapter compatible only plans were grandfathered when the network was converted to Digital. All the existing customers who were on those packages were able to retain them and in some cases like @lynx0139 we can modify the package. However, we can't provision/offer a new connection with those grandfathered packages, thank you for understanding. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

Can you set up my digital adapter

I'm Here A Lot

No, I can't. A Rogers technician needs to program it. Sorry.
I'm a Senior Advisor

http://downloads.rogershelp.com/digitalcable/guides/DTA50_EIG_ON.pdf

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Hello, @jwickens0

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thanks to @OLDYELLR for posting the setup guide, were you able to setup your digital adapter? Please update the Community for further assistance, thank you. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I'm a Senior Advisor

I should add that the remote for the DTA50 can't be set up to do every function with some TVs. I've had RCA and other off-brands from Walmart that can only be turned on and off with the TV remote.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Hey Community,

We wish to notify you that some of the information provided in this thread may no longer be accurate.

Before May 17th 2016, the Digital Adapter was free of monthly charges, as long as you returned the equipment to Rogers in the instance where you terminated your service with us.

We want to inform you that it is no longer the case. The rental fee, it is now billed at $3.99/month, per adapter.

Hope this helps! Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RogersMaude

Does this mean that current customers which have the Digital Adapter will be paying the same thing as well? Just wanted to know so i can let her know 🙂

My moms bill shows this for her new bill.

Digital Adapter
$0.00
Aug 08 - Sep 07

Thanks for your post  @Meowmix!

Existing customers who are currently paying $0 for the rental of the digital adapter will not be affected.

If, for example, your mother moves, she can continue to use the existing digital adapter at $0 rental.

Let’s say she needed to swap her existing $0 rental digital adapter, there is no charge.

It is only in the case where she would like to add another digital adapter to her account, that the cost of the new adapter will be $3.99/month. Existing adapter(s) are not be impacted.

I'm sure this information will help a lot of other users as well Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RogersMaude

Thank you for the information! 🙂