Digital Adapter

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Digital Adapter

I have one simple question.......Which packages can I order if I only use the Digital Adapter provided free from Rogers?

I'm not even sure what I have right now and the information on the Rogers site is very unclear.

I pay about $60.00 a month for Cable right now and I know I'm NOT getting: "TCM", "Family Chanel", etc.

So I want to see what I can get WITHOUT renting any more equipment.

I don't want to phone them because every time I do, it's at least an hour until I get an answer and sometimes it;s still not clear

Thank You.......by the way, if it helps, I'm in Scarborough, Ontario

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: Digital Adapter

Hi @lynx0139

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Are you looking to have digital adapters added? In that case, the package options can be Basic,  or Extended Basic depending on your package and would be getting the channels available in anaglogue only.

Let us know if you would us to take a closer look at your cable package and provide you some options.

@RogersPrasana

I'm Here A Lot

Hi,

In answer to your question.......Yes, Digital Adapter ONLY.

I would like to have : "TCM", "Family Channel" , and "Peachtree" included.

If you could tell me which package that is, and maybe even what it would cost, I would truly appreciate it.

Thank You

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just as an FYI, the DTA is not simply a small STB.  You may wish to be aware of the limitations of the DTA.  Here are a couple of useful links:

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/adapter/281

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

Some of the points I raised in the second link don't apply here but others may be useful to you.

If you have a need for channels or services not available with the DTA, it's usually possible to negotiate appropriate pricing with Rogers to include a STB.  If you have need for HD, then you must get an HDSTB/PVR.

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

@lynx0139

Family Channel and PeachTree Tv are available with an digital adapter, TCM is a digital channel and requires a digital box.

You would require Extended Basic for Family Channel and PeachTV or DVIP for all the channels including TCM.

Please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps the next time you are online and we can take a closer look to assist with your cable package options.

@RogersPrasana

I'm Here A Lot

Ok, so I think you have finally gotten around to answering my question........For the Digital Adapter ONLY, there are 2 packages available......"Basic" and Basic Extended".

With "Basic Extended" I should receive "Family Channel" and "Peachtree", but Not "TCM".

Therefore.........If I'm paying about $60.00 amonth just for the cable portion of my bill.....I'm obviously paying for more than just Basic Cable.......correct me if I'm wrong. Since my wife's sister, also in Scarborough, is paying $40.00 amonth .....and receives only up to channel 28.......I know that cause she comes over here to watch Bravo and Vision TV.

So, my last question is: Why am I NOT getting "Family Channel" and "Peachtree" then.

I don't think that's a stupid question.

Thank You

I'm Here A Lot

I'm sorry, I just found out I made a huge mistake.......I'm not paying $60.00 a month......I'm paying $72.97 amonth plus $9.49 HST.....for a total of : $82.46 a month for just the cable portion of my bill.

Now I REALLY want to know why I'm not getting "Family Channel" and "Peachtree"........I AM obviously paying for Extended Basic !!!!!

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hello @lynx0139

We can take a look at your account. I've gone ahead & sent you a PM from @CommunityHelps

Please access your inbox & respond. To access your Inbox visit this link here http://bit.ly/YourInbox 

RogersAsif

I'm Here A Lot

Ok, for those of you who have been following this thread faithfully, I shall enlighten you.

As it turns out, there are more than 2 packages available for Digital Adapter ONLY subscribers, in fact, there are at at least 4 that I know of right now, as I found out (finally) that I DIDN'T have "Basic Extended" after all but something called "Basic + Combo Plus".

So.....after all these hours PLUS $9.00 more, I finally got what I asked for.

Thank You..........and ALWAYS " Follow the Money" as they say in the movies.

Good Night

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Late to the party, but let me explain here.

TECHNICALLY on your account, you can have ANY TV package.  From the new skinny basic.. to the most expensive package... Regardless of your box.

Now, in the end, its the BOX which then defines, what you CAN watch then, what quality, etc.

A DTA (digital adapter), will generally only give the 1-60 channel range.  So even if you have a larger package, it is not designed to show you higher than those channels.  If the channel you want it above 60.. you cant watch it.

Putting an SD box on, will give you the FULL range of channels.. but limit the quality to SD.. may be some HD only channels you might not be able to watch.
Putting any form of HD box.. gives you everything.