Digital Adapter - stopping analog channels?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Digital Adapter - stopping analog channels?

Right you are KSO.
It's unfortunate that their sales department isn't aware of it. 

I just had a tech come out and checked everything.
Surprise surprise everything is fine....
I was about to send a message to CommunityHelps to see where they were going to go next, but I got a phone call regarding a survey I filled out Tuesday night.

Long story short, they satisfied me with replacing my DTA's with STB's.
(I won't get into the details)

Hopefully, my experiance will help out someone else  🙂
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

He have had some channels connected to TV just with the cable.  Occasionally it will shut down and we will recalibrate and the tv comes back with some more channels.  Now it only comes back with 3 fish tank channels.  and 46 radio station channels.  Please help.  Do we have to have a box with every tv?

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@mcollin3 Once it's all digital, which is most areas now, yes, you need some kind of cable box for every TV.  Rogers provides the DTA50 adapter free. Depending on which cable package you have, you can get an adapter for each outlet.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The fishtank is all you will get.

If you read back through this thread (or others on this board about analog)

Over 2 years ago, rogers annouced that they were getting rid of analog cable (directly from the wall to the TV).
This is because at that time, all signals SENT to rogers were no longer in Analog.. all digital.  It now took a lot for rogers to convert them BACK to analog.

Back at that time, rogers did do seperate mailings out that this would be happening and what you could do.

It has also been in the NOTES in the bill each month almost over the last 2 years, that it was explaining what channels were being removed each month.

In the long run, a box is needed for each TV

You may not have to pay for something though.
I think the Digital Adapter is still free.  Its a BASIC BASIC box.. but it works.
http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=DTA_ORDER&_nfls=true&setLanguage=en&_f...

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Thanks @Gdkittyand @OLDYELLR for helping out :). 

Hello @mcollin3,

Welcome to the Community! 

As mentioned previously, you will require a Digital Adapter in order for that TV to display cable. You can pick one up from a Rogers retail store and hook it up. If you are having trouble hooking it up, please let us know as we are all here to help! If you are unsure of where the closest retail location is, you can use our store locator here

Thanks,

RogersHassam  

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

are the digital adaptors expensive?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you!
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Digital adapter SHOULD be free, depending on your plan.

Will depend on the # of outlets on the account, which is usually designated by the plan.

As long as you have free 'outlets' you can get one for free.  Otherwise there may be a small fee for the 'extra outlets'

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have 2 but the older of the 2 is not working, I have been without service fr approx. 2 wks I have rebooted & called for assistance all they can offer is to have a tech come look at it. The light on the box is flashing, i feel that the box may be toast. I am very busy & rarely home all I wold like if there is no solution is a replacement. Any suggestions

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jules2:

1. You should be able to call Rogers and have them check the signal to your home and to your "faulty" DTA.  Many issues with DTAs and STBs are caused by a poor signal to your home or neighbourhood.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M422...

2. You should be able to exchange the "faulty" DTA at a Rogers store, or through a technician's visit, however, check the signal first and call the store first to see if they have stock. 

3. Try swapping the location of the two DTAs to see if the problem follows the DTA or the location.  If it stays with the "location" rather than following the DTA, then it's very likely a signal issue or a faulty connection, which are basically one and the same cause.

4. DTAs may not have the same functionality as STBs so checking an individual DTA's signal may not be possible, but Rogers should be able to check the signal to your home and you should be able to do the "swap" as outlined in item 3 above to check if it's the DTA or possibly signal.