Digital Adapter - stopping analog channels?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Digital Adapter - stopping analog channels?

Yeah, I thought the DTA should receive all channels in your package in SD so long as they're within the DTA tuning range. I'm sure you're getting the wrong information.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, you got that right OldYellr 😉
When 4 different people tell me the exact same 'wrong' info, I have to believe it's correct.
The only person that told me I would get these channels on the DTA was the sales person.

I have expressed my thoughts on this to ' via PM.
Bottom line, Rogers needs to make a change. 

If a channel is in a package, and can displayed by the DTA (such as the channels I'm complaining about - History (45), HGTV (49), and FOOD (58), they should be.
It's as simple as that.

If anyone here knows of a higher up person / department within Rogers for me to express this to also, please let me know.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That makes me wonder.

Even tho the range is 1-60..

they are designed to cover the range of BASIC cable..

I wonder if they are forcing a 'basic' to the DTAs..

THe FOOD network thing makes me think that.. Since i know a while back Food was removed from BASIC, as it wasnt actually suposed to be there.

(not saying its a good excuse, etc... just putting thoughts out to why)

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Gdkitty wrote:

That makes me wonder.

Even tho the range is 1-60..

they are designed to cover the range of BASIC cable..

I wonder if they are forcing a 'basic' to the DTAs..

THe FOOD network thing makes me think that.. Since i know a while back Food was removed from BASIC, as it wasnt actually suposed to be there.

(not saying its a good excuse, etc... just putting thoughts out to why)

As I mentioned earlier, I'm getting HGTV, FOOD and History just fine on a DTA, the only difference being I'm near Woodstock and get HGTV on 41, whereas Nissan1 is in London and gets it on 49. But what you say may be a sneaky way to get customers to buy or rent more STBs.

Any input from others in London?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

There is 2 options.
1- use STB's at all TV's (more rent)

2- upgrade to VIP package.

Either way I have to spend more money to get what I should already have.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't know how upgrading to VIP should make a difference because VIP and Digital Plus both include those same 3 channels .Maybe I'm lucky that they haven't been removed from my DTA, or maybe you're unlucky. It's still a mystery.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah.. wondering if its an initializing issue, etc.

Only things left i can think think of..

A ) Have them try to remove and re add the boxes.. force them to re-initialize.

B ) Signal?  Though less likely.. perhaps weak signal in those rooms causing not all channels to show up?

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@, when you press and hold the INFO button on the remote, it takes you to a series of information screens. I see a "power" value of 0.5 and a s/n of 36 (going from memory). There is also a virtual channel map. Are the missing channels shown? Just from the information that those channels were there when the DTA was first set up and then disappeared, looks suspicious. Also, how many outlets are authorized if you have one HD box and 3 DTAs? Maybe powering the DTA down and then asking to re-authorize it will accomplish something.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'll try to explain this the best I can...
From what I have been told, those channel lists we're looking at only apply to STB; NOT DTA's
The channels you get with Digital plus is 1-43, 60, 63, and a few others above there that I don't care about... 
To get all the channels that the DTA can display, you need the VIP package.

They have booked a tech to come out and double check everything tomorrow anyways.... why I'm not sure, as they tell me I'm getting what I should be.

Confusing, I know...

The VCM shows 1-43, 60, 63, 70, etc... just as I expected...
Power level varies depending on the channel I'm on. anything from -3.1 to -6.0

s/n is 36

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

the adapter has different frequency and package lineup than the digital standard box. its a simple box that is going to only give you a couple options basic and all vip) if you have a package inbetween that like digital plus you may not get all channels like on the digital box

i have a friend on digital lite and the adapter doesnt work at all. Anything with "digital" in the title you should no won't work that good without a digital box.