Digital Adapter - stopping analog channels?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Digital Adapter - stopping analog channels?

Thats why i said it the way i did 🙂

If rogers never blocked them (the person didnt REMOVE anything themselves).. they werent stealing persay.... they were just a bonus 🙂 

But what you said is then the KEY OLDYELLR.  They really have no reason to complain then when/if gone.. as they were never technically paying for them.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

thanks for your tip regarding recording with a vcr

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi,

I need digital adapter right now i have only 9 channels and still i need this adapter to continue watching. please connect it right now because i stop watching ever since this this trouble. please connect it now please. thank you have a nice day.

Highlighted

Hi @domingo1 

You can order a digital adapter here

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello Community

I just got hooked up with Rogers Cable today. I have ordered the Digtal Plus package, with one Digital HD box, and 3 Digital adapters.

I assumed that the channels that are in my package on the digital box would also be available the digital adapters.
As an example, HGTV channel 49 is in my package, I can watch it on the box, stream online, but it's blocked on the adapters.
The Adapters go up to 43, then skips up to 60.
I know there's a couple channels between there that I won't get, but all the others I get on the box... why not on the adapters too???
I am paying for these channels; no?

This doesn't make any sense at all to me... Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

To put it as simply as possible....

The digital adapter is NOT a replacement for a full fledged digital box! 

The ONLY purpose of the digital adapter is to convert a digital signal into analog, mostly to help those with older TVs who used to get cable directly from the wall.

With a digital adapter, you will only get the BASIC channels...the channels you would have received under the old analog system.  That's it.

If you want to see all of the channels you're paying for under digital plus, YOU NEED A FULL DIGITAL BOX.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for your reply Lurker.

I know the adapter is not a full digital box, and only gets what used to be analog channels.
The channels that I'm complaining about are in the old analog package.

After a closer look, I think it's just 3 channels ... History (45), HGTV (49), and Food (58).
These channels are in my package that I bought, and the digital adapter CAN display them.

When the tech set everything up, I went through the channels and they were there before he left.
8 hours later I went to turn on HGTV and it wouldn't go to that channel.

My whole reason for going with the Digital Plus package was to get HGTV.
And I have to add, the sales rep that I talked to, when I specifically asked, assured me that I would get HGTV on the digital adapter.
The exact question I asked was "Will I get at least up to and including channel 49?  That's all I'm worried about on the adapters."
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

That's not right. HGTV is included in your Digital Plus package and it's in the lower basic cable channel range, so you should be getting it with the DTA. It's included in my VIP package and I get it on channel 41 with a DTA. The only channels in your package you won't get with the DTA are the higher ones it doesn't tune.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That's what I would think too OldYellr.
I'm not sure where in S.W. Ont. you are, but I'm in London, and HGTV is channel 49, and History is 45 here.
When it comes down to it, those are the only 2 channels that I care about.
I sure hope I don't have to move up to VIP to get them... that's just not in my budget.
And if I can't get them, I might as well go back to my antenna again.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

OK, I have now comfirmed with an install tech and 2 other customer support people...
With Digital Plus, History and HGTV you get on a digital box, but not on a Digital adapter.

This is soooo wrong on so many levels it's not funny! 

Goodbye Rogers... it was a not-so-nice visit for 24 hours!