Digital Adapter ordering

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Digital Adapter ordering

My cable on one of the TVs that was set up by Rogers when I moved in went out and is sayign I require a digital adapter. When i tried to order one from the site it's saying I'm uneligable. i do have a cable box for my main TV but this was the extra TV outlet that was just for the basic cable channels. 

Is there any way I can get an adpater or do I have to fork out more money for a cable box for this TV too?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Digital Adapter ordering

Good afternoon @Falloutnerd 

Welcome to the Forums! 

We do not recommend that you go in store to pick up a Digital Adapter due to stock availabilities. An agent does have the ability to place the order for you. Please contact us at 1-888-ROGERS1 to place a request to have the equipment sent at home. The Digital Adapter is free of charge but remains property of Rogers. Courier is the preferred method of delivery. The delivery is also free but may take up to 7-10 business days.

You can also order a digital adapter via our Self-Serve Options:

• Please call 1-800-530-4034 (Atlantic & Ontario)
    • Ontario Customers: Rogers.com/digitaladapter: 12-digit Rogers Cable TV account number required (Does not need to be registered to rogers.com)
    • Atlantic Customers: Rogers.com/tvadapter: 12-digit Rogers Cable TV account number required (Does not need to be registered to rogers.com)

Hope this helps!

I'm a Senior Advisor

You say "one of your TVs". How many TVs do you have? How many cable boxes? You can only have as many cable boxes and digital adapters as you have outlets allowed. Could that be why they say you're not eligible? Different plans have different numbers of outlets available. Check how many outlets you are assigned on your bill or your account on line.

When channels were still analog, Rogers had no easy means to check how many outlets you were using and splitters, cable and connectors are sold everywhere. With digital, they have to authorize each box or adapter and won't do more than the outlets allowed. I think the monthly fee for an extra outlet is $7/month plus tax. That's a lot of money, alost $100/year touse a "free" adapter.

More in this thread

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks I think that's what's happened here. it says on the paperwork when I signed up for cable that I'm allowed up to 4 outlets does that mean I pay for each one?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No, if you have up to 4 outlets on the account, then you can add up to 4 boxes (paid or free DTA, etc) without having to pay for extra outlets.

I've Been Here Awhile

They are constantly out of stock at every retail location... I called in to have them sent my mail, which in turn I was told is no longer an option. This is ridiculous. I have been without cable for a week now and will have to wait "indefinately" and call stores every day. Why is supply and demand not being met? I shouldn't be paying for my cable services during this time.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There has probably been a SURGE of people ordering more of them currently, with most places completely cutting off analog now... probably exhaused the supply.
They have probably restocked them as they have been needed to as time has gone on.... and expected MOST people to have already got them since they have been available for over a year, so didnt stock extra, etc.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@, I believe Rogers started the migration to digital about a year ago or so. Apparently there was a notification at the bottom of your Rogers bill, but I missed it and only contacted Rogers after Speed disappeared from analog. That's when I learned about the digital migration and ordered my DTAs. The phase-in has been gradual for different areas so as not to create a rush for DTAs, but apparently a lot of people have been waiting until the last possible moment, even though they've seen analog channels disappear week after week. It looks like Rogers should have been sending out more serious warnings, not just fine print at the bottom of the bill. I wish I could help because I still have a couple of DTAs I haven't installed yet because my family seems to spend more time on Netflix and the Internet than watching cable TV. Of course, in my opinion,  anyone just signing up for Rogers basic cable ought to get priority for digital adapters before the procrastinators.

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers never ceases to amaze me.

My last several experiences with Rogers have been pretty good and in my surveys I have provided positive feedback. My impressions were that they were trying harder to deliver on their customer promise ... then this happens. Am I expecting too much? 

I placed an order for a digital adaptor by phone last tuesday and followed-up by chat yesterday as I had not received any confirmation of the order and when it would be delivered. The Rogers CSR confirmed by that the order was indeed received and was in progress. I should expect to receive the adaptor by courier in 7-10 days from the date of order. However, no tracking code or advice on exactly when it would be delivered. Also, she confirmed that someone must be home to accept delivery. It was suggested that I might be able to pick up an adaptor at a Rogers store; but I had been advised earlier that the stores had no stock of these ... but thank-you for being a long time Rogers customer. 

I guess I wait and see if it gets delivered sometime soon. No doubt I will probably not be home and hopefully the courier leaves instructions for a 2nd delivery attempt or alternative.  

Still a long way to go I guess if they want to be a truly customer focused organization.  

I'm a Senior Advisor

Originally the adapters were supposed to be delivered by courier or Canada Post, but when I ordered mine, I was told to pick them up at my Rogers store. Perhaps it varied by area. That was over a year ago when Speed Channel went digital and I called to ask why it was gone. Apparently notifications about the transition to digital and the adapters was included in the fine print at the bottom of Rogers bills, which many people missed. Rogers has tried to phase in the transition gradually area by area, but clearly a lot of people still put off ordering the adapters until they started missing too many channels, hence the backlog.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 9 in conversation