Digital Adapter Missing Channels

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Digital Adapter Missing Channels

@NormaJoyce : Have you tried moving the "working" DTA to the location of the "non-working" one?  Since you've swapped out the DTA, I have the following other suggestions:

1. Call Rogers and have them "hit" the non-working DTA (again?) to see if the channels come back.  Ask to speak to someone at "second level" if the primary contact can't get things working.

2. Often these sorts of issues can be related to a poor signal in your home or neighbourhood.  See the following link for more information on that topic:  Unfortunately, I don't believe the DTAs have a return signal allowing for remote checking, so a visit by a technician may be necessary.  I do realize you have one working, however, there can be differences in the boxes or the location in your home that causes issues.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M422...

If you can't get the DTA working, call Rogers to see if they'll swap it for a proper set-top box.  Most people have been successful in getting a STB for free if the DTA doesn't do what it should.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks, will try....

I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same package and up until recently were getting these all.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@NormaJoyce Before switching the DTA's, you can check the signal strength at each location by pressing and holding the INFO button and going to the Tuner Status screen. A higher numerical db number is a weaker signal.  If its similar at both locations, then swap the DTA's.  As @57 suggested, if it's a questionable adapter, Rogers may replace it for you with a refurbished STB because the DTA's are no longer available.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

Hello

My rogers system has a new digital software for my DTA150 boxes and they removed the stations that I have used since 5 years and I cannot get them reinstalled as they were three days ago. Anyone with the same issues?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Mordicus : Your post was probably moved to this existing thread on the topic. As you can see from previous posts in this thread, this has happened to lots of people, especially if they have modified/changed their package with Rogers.  Please see post 37 of this thread, link below, and contact Rogers via PM.  I have found these people most helpful.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Digital-Adapter-Missing-Channels/m-p/418598#M45569

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Mordicus wrote:

Hello

My rogers system has a new digital software for my DTA150 boxes and they removed the stations that I have used since 5 years and I cannot get them reinstalled as they were three days ago. Anyone with the same issues?

I have VIP and am currently using 2 SA8300HD's, an SA8300SD and a DTA 50. I have not seen any change to my DTA50 channels. Have you recently changed cable packages and are the missing channels not included in the new package?  I've seen this disappearing DTA channel thing reported before, but don't know if Rogers resolved it. You certainly should be getting channels you're paying for if the DTA can receive them.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario