Digital Adapter Missing Channels

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Digital Adapter Missing Channels

Good morning,

I'm on phone call #6 trying to sort this out, and would appreciate some help if anyone else has been through this. I have a digital adapter, and I originally received channels #1-70ish while on VIP. I recently switched to Extra Plus, and now only get #1-28 and #59-70. Everything is missing between channel 28 and 59.

I thought I finally found the answer this morning, when I spoke to 'Sara' in tech support on live chat. She stated that I was on 'basic cable' for the digital adapter. When I asked if Extra Plus is considered 'basic cable' this was her response:

"No that's the thing you would have to have combo or ultimate to get the extra plus. You have extra outlets."

So are there varying degrees of cable levels outside of the digital packages? I'm confused as to why I can't see channels on my digital adapter anymore that I still paying for as part of the Extra Plus package (eg. 42/45/56, and many others). Btw, I'm in Cambridge Ontario and when I pull up the channel lineup for digital adapter in my area it has all the channels listed that I'm missing, saying they should be available.

When 'Sara' transferred me to customer service they stated:

"I do apologize that tech was wrong, it is because you have a digital adapters on your 2nd outlet that you cannot see all your channels."

Help! I just want to watch the channels again that I was able to see a month ago (and that I'm paying for).

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: Digital Adapter Missing Channels

Hi @mednorth

Thank you for your post.

We can you definitely look into the channels you're missing.

I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

@RogersPrasana

I've Been Here Awhile

I am experiencing the same problem. Please help as I am being told various things.
Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hi @DaBears,

Which channels are you missing specifically? Are you getting a black screen on the channels or any messages? 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Here Awhile

It jumps from channel 28 to 59. Never the case before and it occurred when I exchanged adaptors
Highlighted
Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

@DaBears, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps when you are online next. I will need to access your account to help resolve this issue. It might be a package related problem which we can look into further. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Here Awhile

I have spoken to 7 different people and have received 7 different answers. I switched from VIP to Digital plus and, at that instant, the one TV on a digital adaptor lost channels 42 and 46, as well as a few others (I think) but still seemed to work on most channels above that as well as many above 100. My PVR as well as an old digital box had no issues and continued to work as expected (so all the expected channels were getting to the house). The last customer service rep I spoke to (many of those I talked to before were technical reps some of whom suggested I exchange the converter - which did not help) indicated that, as Rogers was continuing to change channels over to digital, I would continue to lose channels on the adaptor and that in a few months the adaptor would be completely useless. The loss of channels when I switched services is because VIP and Digital plus are not in sync with their timing on the switchover. The only solution seems to be to rent a digital box. 

The whole thing seems extremely strange to me as I thought the whole changeover happened some time ago, thus the need for an adaptor, but I do know that the tech did something in the box on the side of the house so perhaps that initiated the change. 

All in all, regardless of the reason (assuming there is one), seven different and conflicting answers from 7 Rogers reps is very bad service and makes one wonder where the truth lies. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Had a tech out to the house to try and finally resolve this issue. He could not figure it out either and talked to a further 3 people and got a range of answers. Finally we just gave up and installed a digital box which solved the problem. Although it makes no sense at all, this summarizes the situation: VIP- all channels worked on the HD, digital box and adaptor; Digital plus- all channels worked on the HD and Digital box, but only Digital basic channels worked on the adaptor. Between the two of us, the installer and I consulted at least 10 people with no rational explanation. Whatever Rogers is doing, obviously they are tryingto eliminate the free digital boxes. 

I've Been Around

My DTA50 won't allow me to watch certain channels like 21 Snet1. It skips from 20 to 22 when pressing channel up. And when I press 21 and then enter nothing happens.

How do I fix this?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@PapaGuido:

Although the DTA-50 was originally utilized to tune all the channels in your package that were analogue, but switched to digital, I believe that is no longer the case.  I believe the DTAs now only tune the channels in the "starter pack" or something similar.

For any channels that the DTAs no longer tunes, but that are in your package, you will need to get a real set top box instead of the adapter.  Someone more familiar with the DTAs  than I may be able to expand on this or corroborate the above.  I believe there was another thread on the digital adapters that discussed this, but I couldn't find it right now.

Use the following link and click "See channels included".

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/tv/starter-package#/starter-channels

I suppose it's also possible that your DTA is not properly authorized for your account, in which case you'll need to call Rogers to get the proper authorization, but I'm not sure if that's the case anymore.