Desciptive Audio Problem is Back? How to Turn Off?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Desciptive Audio Problem is Back? How to Turn Off?

On Nextbox go to Settings: Audio: Described Video - choose Disable

Hope it works for u

I've Been Here Awhile

I have a next box 2.0 and the Nvgtr menu system. When I go to the audio settings described audio is DISABLED.  But I have described audio anyway. Since the feature is disabled I have no way to turn it off. I'm f there a solution ?

@oftenfrustrated wrote:

Hope it works for u

@oftenfrustrated wrote:

Hope it works for u

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Aknakon1:

Try a different location. Press Info - More - Scroll up to Audio Selection, make sure it's English and not DVS.

Also, is this happening on most channels or just one?  Sometimes Rogers gets the incorrect feed from the "broadcaster" if it's only one channel.  If so, report it to Rogers and the broadcaster.

I've Been Around

Described Video

I'm using a basic cable box on a CRTV in my bedroom- described video randomly comes and goes on various channels! How do I stop this??

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Marisa1995:

What is the exact make and model of your cable box?  Does the information in my post 13 previous to yours apply to your situation/box?

Not all programming has DV, so you won't see it on everything, but it sounds like you're getting DV on more than one channel on more than one programme, so it sounds like DV is enabled on the Cable Box and you need to turn it off in the settings appropriate for the particular cable box you have.

I've Been Around

Hi.  I am suddenly having this issue. On both tvs . I have a netbox 3400 pvr. It only happens occasionally and really annoying. I checked all the settings on my tv’s and checked the settings on the box.  Dv is off.  I called rogers and the guy went through everything i already did and told me it was my tv , after i just told him it wasnt , then he offered to have a rogers tecq come to my house to which i may have to pay.....Its not every channel either. There has been issues with nbc for over a year , but im getting very frustrated with all these issues on a reg basis. The call center isnt helpful. Ive reset my box as well. Help! 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Nieces :  I have several comments. 

1. Based you your STB model, I'm assuming you're in Atlantic Canada.

2. Sometimes in rare instances the provider obtains the incorrect feed from the broadcaster, containing DV.  If this were the case for all of Atlantic Canada, you'd think others would have reported it, especially with a major channel like NBC....

3. Here's a link for the setup of your STB.  There is usually an option under setup for "language" that may be set incorrectly for the particular channel, so instead of "English" it may be on DV or "other" or something similar?

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_use_a_Motorola_DVR/Setup

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/30-57s-home-theatre-faqs/21274-faq-motorola-stb-helpful-links-tips.h...

I agree that it's probably not your TV since these sorts of DV issues are usually due to STB settings, or incorrect feed.