Desciptive Audio Problem is Back? How to Turn Off?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Desciptive Audio Problem is Back? How to Turn Off?

While watching ch. 518 @ 7:30pm (Big Bang Theory), I started getting Descriptive Audio.

How do you turn it off?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Desciptive Audio Problem is Back? How to Turn Off?

Which box/guide?

On the next box guide, should be hit info, then go over to the closed captioning icons.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

To get rid of the described video go to Settings - Audio - highlight described video and disable it. Then click save.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I checked the Audio settings and it was never turned on to begin with.

I rebooted the box ... not sure if that was the cure or if it was restricted to just that one episode .. the 8pm airing of the Big Bang Theory was OK...

Retired Moderator RogersRavi
Retired Moderator

I noticed the same thing last night.  The 8:00pm was an old eposide but the DA was no longer there.  I am thinking it was just that one incident.

I'm an Advisor

I have a 8300HD PVR, which does show the Descriptive Audio option. I've tried turning it on a few times out of interest to see what it does when the intro to a movie says that it has Descriptive Audio. Turning it on has never done a thing, so I turned it off. Closed Captioning does work normally, though.

I've Been Here Awhile

I don't have a PVR - I just have the basic box from Rogers.  Many of my channels are now coming with the descriptive audio track.  I don't think it is my TV as I have checked all my settings.

How can I shut off this "feature".  TV is pretty much unwatchable with that track going on.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You have checked the TV..  have you checked the rogers box settings as well?

Also, which box (may help in where the settings are).

The above problem, seemed to have been a FEED issue.

I've Been Here Awhile

I don't know how to check the box.  It is the most basic piece of equipment I've ever seen.  My remote doesn't have any buttons on it for menues or settings. 

This is the box that Rogers provided to customers when they went digital - we still have only basic cable.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Oooh, ok, a DTA.

I am not an expert in those.. as i do not have one myself 😞

Only think i can think of.. since there is no settings, etc.. have you tried the LANG button on the remote?