Deleting Series from NAVIGATR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Deleting Series from NAVIGATR

I understand exactly what you are saying however, what I am referring to is what appears on the “Sheduled” side. In that list I have many matters that are still scheduled to be recorded  however the air date  was almost 2 years ago. These do not appear at all on the “Recorded” side. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

They should be there on the tiles view (the one with the pictures), near the bottom of that "list".   If you're viewing in the list format, you'll need to change to the grid (tiles) format using the blue button - see the top right of your screen when you're in the list.

Are they series scheduled recordings or one time?  If they're (zombie) series, they will appear in the tiles view and you will be able to delete them from there.  If not, I have no further suggestions.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A picture is worth a thousand words, so let me try one more time if you're still confused.  Check out the following thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone-Knowledge/Toggling-Between-Tile-View-amp...

The first picture in the thread is the tile/grid view. You can switch between this "tile/grid" view and the "list" view by using the blue "B" button (see the top right of the screen?).  Then you need to be in the "Recorded" tile/grid view, not the Scheduled list view or recorded list view. This may seem counter-intuitive, but bear with me.

In the Tile/grid view (the one that usually shows pictures of the recordings), find your zombie scheduled recordings by scrolling down and then follow the instructions in the link I previously provided (and repeated below) to delete them (one at a time). Let me know how that goes.

1. Find the zombie (or other scheduled series recording) in your tiles view

2. Select the zombie or scheduled series recording.

3. Select "Scheduled" on the right side of the screen.

4. Select "Cancel Series Recordings" (which becomes visible after step 3.)

Confirm

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for your response and for the link to see a picture of what you are saying however I do not have any issues with what is shown on the |Recorded" side.  As I tried to explain the issue I have is what is showing on the "Scheduled" side. There are a number of items listed where the recording date was back in December 2016 or January 2017, well over a year ago.  I waned to know how to delete these items.  They do not appear on the "Recorded" side at all.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RHaruk : These must be single recordings that did not record. Series recordings that are now zombies should be visible near the bottom of the Recorded Tiles View.  (This thread title is about deleting series.)  Try one more reboot and try deleting right after the reboot finishes.

The only other option that I can suggest is to do a Factory Reset which would delete all your preferences and recordings, setting the PVR back to its initial state (Settings, scroll up one to "troubleshooting" and select Factory Reset.)  Do not do this unless you are OK with losing programmes you have recorded, etc.

Edit - I believe I may have run into something similar a while back. When I tried to delete, it wouldn't, but after a reboot, the programme was indeed gone...  Good Luck.

I Plan to Stick Around

Ok, that's where I think here was a bit of miscommunication.  I will give that a try. The funny think is that I had exchanged the original pvr with this one (about a year ago). When I plugged everything in and turned it on initially it did not show any scheduled recordings.  Shortly after all of the scheduled recording that did not record showed up on the scheduled list.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have a series that is schedule to record twice (different channels and times). I want to delete one of them, but there is no cancel option. I have "Cancel Recording" as an option, but it only cancels the currently scheduled episode. Once the next week comes around, it appears on the schedule again. I can do it if there is a recorded episode (by selecting it, then it will let me navigate to the schedule settings), but not from the scheduled menu, which is completely counter-intuitive. Is there a way?

I Plan to Stick Around

Hmmm. My question was moved here, but it isn't really the same question - or at least this solution doesn't work. Unless you're telling me there is no option but to let the series record an episode and then cancel it. Which is just ridiculous in design if so.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@cfillion1: Please see post 13 of this thread. This will allow you to delete the entire series.  Follow the instructions exactly and make sure you're in the (Recorded) tiles view, not in the scheduled recordings list view.

I Plan to Stick Around

The problem is the series doesn't appear in the Recorded section because it hasn't recorded yet. It's scheduled. So are you saying I have to let it record an episode before I can delete the series?