cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Series from NAVIGATR

SkaGoat
I plan to stick around

How to I record a series I set up?

I have series in my list that aren't even on the air any more. How do I get rid of them?

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Deleting Series from NAVIGATR

RogersTony

Hello @SkaGoat,

This is a great question, thank you for posting this! I know how important it is to have your PVR organized properly and having those old series recordings filling up your list is definitely an eye-sore.

I recently did some cleaning of my PVR so the steps on how to remove the series recordings are still fresh in my mind.

1.) Select "List" on your Rogers Remote.
2.) Select the Series recording from the list that you would like to remove.
3.) Select "Scheduled" on the right side of the screen.
4.) Scroll down a few spaces and select "Cancel Series Recording".
5.) Confirm the cancellation of the Series recording by selecting "Yes" when the pop-up box appears.

This should remove any unwanted Series Recordings that have been set-up.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41

RogersTony

Hello @SkaGoat,

This is a great question, thank you for posting this! I know how important it is to have your PVR organized properly and having those old series recordings filling up your list is definitely an eye-sore.

I recently did some cleaning of my PVR so the steps on how to remove the series recordings are still fresh in my mind.

1.) Select "List" on your Rogers Remote.
2.) Select the Series recording from the list that you would like to remove.
3.) Select "Scheduled" on the right side of the screen.
4.) Scroll down a few spaces and select "Cancel Series Recording".
5.) Confirm the cancellation of the Series recording by selecting "Yes" when the pop-up box appears.

This should remove any unwanted Series Recordings that have been set-up.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

This option is only available if the Series still has recorded items.

How can I delete the Series after all the episodes have been watched and deleted and no new scheduled recordings are available?

@andrea_lorenz:

The instructions are exactly the same, but you must follow the instructions carefully.  Here's my earlier post on the topic of "zombie" recordings.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/NextBox-Navigatr-October-November-2016-Deployment/m-p/375019...

The zombie recordings are typically grouped "below" any existing recordings you haven't watched yet and above any series recordings that have scheduled recordings to come, but where you've watched all the existing recordings in the "Tile" view.  i.e. press "list" once and scroll down until you find the zombie (or other) series recording that you wish to delete, then follow the instructions in post 2 or my link carefully.

RHaruk
I plan to stick around

I am having the same issue and have followed the instructions however when I go to Cancel Series Recording and indicate Yes the message I get each time is “One or more recordings could not be cancelled. Please try again later”.

The scheduled recordings I am trying to delete have a recording date from 2016.

Not sure what to do now.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RHaruk : Do a reboot of your PVR (unplug for a few seconds when not recording, plug back in)  Or go into Settings - Scroll up one to Troubleshooting and select Reboot. Do not choose reset to Factory Settings.

Once the reboot is finished, wait an hour for things to settle and try again.  Try when you 're not recording something just in case a recording is taking up too many resources.

RHaruk
I plan to stick around

When I go to the “Sceduled” listing and I try to delete a recording that was scheduled to record on Jan 4, 2016  and I press “Cancel Recording” I gets box that asks “Cancel recording of Westworld” . I press “Yes” , the a box pops up that says “This recording cannot be deleted at this time. Please try again later”.  I get this message each time Intry to delete a scheduledvrecording that has a past date. As well, the PVR I currently have was exchanged from the orignalone I had. For whatever reason when it was hooked up all the old scheduled recordings popped into the scheduled recording listing. Not sure what else to do.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RHaruk : See the following link (also provided previously in this thread). Follow the instructions very carefully, or have someone else do it while you read the instructions.  Do not go to the "scheduled recordings" list, simply press the list button once where all your recordings are kept.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/NextBox-Navigatr-October-November-2016-Deployment/m-p/375019...

You may wish to do a reboot before trying this. Make sure you're not recording something when rebooting. Go to Settings, scroll up one to Troubleshooting and select Reboot. Do not select Restore Factory Settings, unless you wish to erase everything on the PVR.  A reboot usually takes about 5 minutes, but you may wish to wait 10 before doing the deletes.

RHaruk
I plan to stick around

I have tried the reboot but still get the same message.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That's because you're in the list of scheduled recordings. You need to delete from the "tiles" view (one click of the list button, view as grid (blue button), not as list) and you need to follow the instructions exactly.  As I mentioned, sometimes people have muscle memory and it works when you read the instructions to someone else.

The "zombie" shows you want to delete will be below the recordings you have already and above the series recordings that are not yet made - roughly in the middle of the list.

RHaruk
I plan to stick around

I understand exactly what you are saying however, what I am referring to is what appears on the “Sheduled” side. In that list I have many matters that are still scheduled to be recorded  however the air date  was almost 2 years ago. These do not appear at all on the “Recorded” side. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

They should be there on the tiles view (the one with the pictures), near the bottom of that "list".   If you're viewing in the list format, you'll need to change to the grid (tiles) format using the blue button - see the top right of your screen when you're in the list.

Are they series scheduled recordings or one time?  If they're (zombie) series, they will appear in the tiles view and you will be able to delete them from there.  If not, I have no further suggestions.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A picture is worth a thousand words, so let me try one more time if you're still confused.  Check out the following thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone-Knowledge/Toggling-Between-Tile-View-amp...

The first picture in the thread is the tile/grid view. You can switch between this "tile/grid" view and the "list" view by using the blue "B" button (see the top right of the screen?).  Then you need to be in the "Recorded" tile/grid view, not the Scheduled list view or recorded list view. This may seem counter-intuitive, but bear with me.

In the Tile/grid view (the one that usually shows pictures of the recordings), find your zombie scheduled recordings by scrolling down and then follow the instructions in the link I previously provided (and repeated below) to delete them (one at a time). Let me know how that goes.

1. Find the zombie (or other scheduled series recording) in your tiles view

2. Select the zombie or scheduled series recording.

3. Select "Scheduled" on the right side of the screen.

4. Select "Cancel Series Recordings" (which becomes visible after step 3.)

Confirm

RHaruk
I plan to stick around

Thank you for your response and for the link to see a picture of what you are saying however I do not have any issues with what is shown on the |Recorded" side.  As I tried to explain the issue I have is what is showing on the "Scheduled" side. There are a number of items listed where the recording date was back in December 2016 or January 2017, well over a year ago.  I waned to know how to delete these items.  They do not appear on the "Recorded" side at all.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RHaruk : These must be single recordings that did not record. Series recordings that are now zombies should be visible near the bottom of the Recorded Tiles View.  (This thread title is about deleting series.)  Try one more reboot and try deleting right after the reboot finishes.

The only other option that I can suggest is to do a Factory Reset which would delete all your preferences and recordings, setting the PVR back to its initial state (Settings, scroll up one to "troubleshooting" and select Factory Reset.)  Do not do this unless you are OK with losing programmes you have recorded, etc.

Edit - I believe I may have run into something similar a while back. When I tried to delete, it wouldn't, but after a reboot, the programme was indeed gone...  Good Luck.

RHaruk
I plan to stick around

Ok, that's where I think here was a bit of miscommunication.  I will give that a try. The funny think is that I had exchanged the original pvr with this one (about a year ago). When I plugged everything in and turned it on initially it did not show any scheduled recordings.  Shortly after all of the scheduled recording that did not record showed up on the scheduled list.

cfillion1
I plan to stick around

I have a series that is schedule to record twice (different channels and times). I want to delete one of them, but there is no cancel option. I have "Cancel Recording" as an option, but it only cancels the currently scheduled episode. Once the next week comes around, it appears on the schedule again. I can do it if there is a recorded episode (by selecting it, then it will let me navigate to the schedule settings), but not from the scheduled menu, which is completely counter-intuitive. Is there a way?

cfillion1
I plan to stick around

Hmmm. My question was moved here, but it isn't really the same question - or at least this solution doesn't work. Unless you're telling me there is no option but to let the series record an episode and then cancel it. Which is just ridiculous in design if so.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@cfillion1: Please see post 13 of this thread. This will allow you to delete the entire series.  Follow the instructions exactly and make sure you're in the (Recorded) tiles view, not in the scheduled recordings list view.

cfillion1
I plan to stick around

The problem is the series doesn't appear in the Recorded section because it hasn't recorded yet. It's scheduled. So are you saying I have to let it record an episode before I can delete the series?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

IF it's a series recording, it DOES appear in the recorded tiles view.  At the top of the set of tiles will be your recorded programmes. At the bottom of the set of tiles will be your recordings still to come - you may need to scroll down a long way depending on the number of recordings you have.  In between there will be "zombie" recordings, which are scheduled series recordings that do not have anything scheduled in the next week.  You may need to scroll to the bottom of the tiles, or the middle of your tiles to find the series recording you want to delete. Once you find it follow the instructions in the post I previously provided exactly.

Topic Stats
  • 41 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 11 in conversation