cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Recordings Not Working Properly This Week

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have an Any Day, Timeslot recording set up for Daily Planet (Channel 574 at 7AM).  I noticed on Friday, after missing a recording,  that there were no scheduled recordings in my tile for Daily Planet on my 9865 (NB3) Navigatr.  I then checked AnyPlace Web and RAPTV on my iPad and found the same thing.  I deleted the tile and scheduled a new Any Day Timeslot recording, but again, the "scheduled" tab would only show 1 or 2 scheduled recordings instead of 4-5 for the week.  I tried various permutations of channels, days, "new" instead of timeslot options on the PVR, on AnyPlace Web Manage PVR or RAPTV on my iPad, etc and nothing gave me more than 2 scheduled recordings when there were 4-5 in the IPG.

I then tried a totally different programme - CTV News at 11PM daily. Same thing happened - only 2 scheduled recordings instead of 5.

Something is dramatically wrong with the daily scheduled recordings this week for me.  I suggest everyone who has scheduled daily recordings to check theirs and if they don't show properly, you may wish to set up single recordings for the rest of the week.  I hope Rogers sees this and fixes the situation.

The IPG/AnyPlace has been a mess since just before the change to DST.

*** Edited Labels ***

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Daily Recordings Not Working Properly This Coming Week.

molly222
I plan to stick around

Hi 57,

I noticed the same/similar thing and other strange happenings.  I have 4 programs that are series scheduled to tape Sunday nights...all recorded fine last night.  Today I noticed that all 4 programs do not show any scheduled recordings for next Sunday.  I checked the guide and all 4 programs are showing as per usual...although there is no dot in the guide to indicate that it will record.  Also, as of this morning all my tiles all of a sudden have no pictures  EXCEPT for the 4 recordings that are now wrongly not scheduled for Sunday for no apparant reason.

Interestingly, I noticed that my software version # and VOD version # also changed overnight...I only noticed this because I got a new box on Saturday due to VOD problems and I checked the versions on Sunday to make sure they were up to date...I checked it against my Nextbox 2.0 that I still own...and I distinctly remember the software version was something like 6.0.0.042 or something similar (I remember the 6....and forty something at the end) and the VOD I believe had a 14 at the end?

My versions now are (on both boxes):  Software Version: 6.0.1.0110, Classic Version 60.10.01, VOD-Tier 3 Version 60.10.02

Can you confirm if you also lost tile pictures and if your versions are the same as my new ones.  Did you call Rogers about this yet?  Can anyone else confirm the software and VOD version #'s?

RogersShakir
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @57,

Prior to Friday, this wasn't an issue?

Hey community, anyone else noticing this? I personally only use RAPTV to record one show at a time, so never noticed this.

Cheers,

RogerShakir

Prior to Friday, this was not an issue.

My "Weekly" recordings are showing just fine (the programming that only records once a week).  Molly, sometimes weekly recordings that are 6 days out don't show in Anyplace/RAPTV, or may show as "manual recording". They should show in the tile on Navigatr as a scheduled recording the day after the previous recording.  It may take another day for them to show properly in AnyPlace/RAPTV (5 days out).

Firmware version 6.0.0.0132.

I did notice that my "Grand Designs" recording (CBC Vancouver 6pm daily) seems to be OK.  Weird.  Perhaps I'll do a reboot once my 9865 is not recording.

molly222
I plan to stick around

It is strange that you have a different software version...I know on the Navigatr thread we all compared them a month or two ago and we were all running the same version at that time.

I don't use Anyplace/RAPTV...it was the tile in Navigatr that I was referring to...not showing up for next Sunday even though the show is showing in the guide, same time, etc. (no red dot in the guide though either).

I just tested a "daily" recording...as a test, I just set The View to tape, same time, daily...and it only shows a scheduled recording for today and tomorrow (i.e. 2 total)...not showing for the rest of this week.  So it would appear that the "daily" recording is also messed up on mine as well.

Can you check your Navigatr for a "weekly" scheduled for next Sunday to see if it is showing up for next Sunday (one that you had scheduled as a series PRIOR to today).  I did a reboot on mine earlier...did not fix anything.

Anyone else out there noticing series recordings not showing up for next Sunday?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@molly222 wrote:

1. It is strange that you have a different software version...I know on the Navigatr thread we all compared them a month or two ago and we were all running the same version at that time.

2.Can you check your Navigatr for a "weekly" scheduled for next Sunday to see if it is showing up for next Sunday (one that you had scheduled as a series PRIOR to today).  I did a reboot on mine earlier...did not fix anything.

1. Look under Troubleshooting - Settings - System Info for the Software version.  If you look under Troubleshooting - Settings - About - it shows the firmware 6.0.0.0132, as well as the Espial number, which for me is 6.0.8-1.1.90.  This has not changed since I got Navigatr earlier this year.

2. I have a weekly recording set for next Sunday and it shows in the tile.  In AnyPlaces it shows as a "manual recording" which is typical for anything 6 days out on AnyPlace/RAPTV.

3. As an FYI, I've never had any pictures on my tiles, which I'm grateful for.   This may be related to my OD issues, which are not resolved.

4. I just did a reboot and the daily recordings have not changed - it may take until tomorrow to "take", however, since AnyPlace/RAPTV shows the same thing, I don't hold out any hope for that happening, unless Rogers does a fix tonight.

5. I tried setting another daily recording (Global News) and it again only set 2 recordings for Monday, Tuesday - nothing for the remainder of the week.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I just checked AnyPlace, and my PVR just now, and my daily series recording for Daily Planet is now "populated" for the rest of the week. Perhaps the reboot plus waiting overnight has solved that specific issue. Or Rogers did something.

As a test I tried setting a daily recording series of CTV News at 11PM, ch518 but it only set up Tuesday and Wednesday. Nothing for the rest of the week, so this issue of daily recordings is not fixed yet.

I visited a friend yesterday and he doesn't have this issue - strange.

SpeedyC
I'm a reliable contributor

Problem does not seem to be isolated to daily recordings ... my PVR skipped a weekly recording last night.

2 of my programs recorded fine last night (Gotham and Blindspot on CTV Toronto.)

Since I have a NB2, I time-shifted an 8pm recording to Global BC for 11pm (Supergirl).

Before heading to sleep at 10pm, I press the LIST button and sure enough, Supergirl still was at the top of the list and still scheduled to record (recently recorded programs and those most recently to record are at the top of the list).

But this morning, when I press LIST, Supergirl was way at the bottom with NOTHING recorded, and 1 scheduled for next week.

I then tried ROD, and got the same problems others mentioned ... I rebooted the PVR and now ROD is ok.

'have to wait a few days for last night's episode to appear.

NOTE: I had previously rebooted the PVR over the weekend ... was there another firmware upgrade yesterday?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Grand Designs airs every weekday on CBC east at 3PM (Channel 6, 514). It also airs on CBC West every day at 6PM. (Channel 582).  Although it shows on the 9865 Navigatr IPG, when I use AnyPlace Web Manage PVR, or RAPTV on my iPad, those spaces are completely blank  in the guide for Wednesday and Friday - no title, no information, nothing. When I do a search for Grand Designs using AnyPlace Web or RAPTV, nothing comes up for Grand Designs on those two days.

C'mon Rogers.  My list of IPG issues keeps getting longer and longer.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@57 Just to confirm, I see the same blank space on the web app for my SA8300HD, yet the TV IPG is fine. When I schedule that show on my IPG and refresh the web app, it's still blank and there's no link when I mouse over it. Out of curiosity, when I switch the web app grid to my SA8300SD, which shows up as "STB 2" because it isn't compatible with Manage PVR, the guide grid still shows a blank. And there I was, hoping for an Easter Egg. Smiley Sad

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I just noticed another blank in the web app grid, because it's on the same page. Mister Maker, 2:01 to 2:21 on TVO (Ch 2) is blank with no link, but shows on my TV IPG. Curious indeed.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It looks like the issue with daily recordings has been fixed for this week.  My scheduled recordings show appropriate recordings of "Daily Planet" and "Grand Designs" in the list of scheduled recordings.

However, when I go to Manage PVR via AnyPlace Web, there is nothing showing for the CBC timeslot tonight at 8PM (CBCHD 514), or CBCHD West 582 at 11PM, just a Blank Space.  I wanted to record "...And Then There Were None", but I had to go to my PVR to set up this recording, where the programme is shown.  Searching on the guide on AnyPlace Web also came up empty, just like the timeslot.

I noticed a number of other empty timeslots when I was looking around yesterday, but none of them affected me directly.  A timeslot should never be empty.

For those interested in "...And Then There Were None", I believe it's a 3-part miniseries. I have it set as a series recording.

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 in conversation