DVD Eject

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

DVD Eject

OK, I have the URC2125 universal Rogers remote and have set it up to recognize my Samsung blue ray player.  Seems to be working, but there doesn’t seem to be an eject button.  Is there one? How do you eject from the remote?

***Added Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: DVD Eject

Good evening @EBrooks,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Rogers Community!

I understand your desire to operate your DVD player with the Champion Remote. We're glad to know you were able to successfully pair most of your electronic devices.

However, I'm not sure the eject function is something that would be officially supported by the URC2125 Rogers universal remote.

Please check out the Champion Remote user's guide manual.

RogersMaude

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The Rogers remotes often have limited functionality with other equipment. It also depends on the make/model of the other equipment as to the functionality provided - some do nothing more than turn on/off.  You are lucky that you are able to use the remote to control the player.  As for the Eject, since you need to be at the player to insert or remove the DVD/BD, it shouldn't be much of a problem to use the eject button on the player itself. If it doesn't have one, keep the player's remote near the player, but most of the players I've seen have an eject button.

One other thought with the Champion remote set to DVD, try pressing various buttons to see if any of them are mapped to the eject functionality.  You may be lucky and one of the less-used buttons may work.

If you wish to have full functionality of all your equipment with one remote, then I suggest getting a Harmony remote like the model 650, which often goes on sale for around $50 (Black Friday, Boxing Week, other sales, etc)  This is an activity-based remote which turns on equipment, switches to the correct input, etc all with one button press like "Watch TV" or Watch DVD....

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I will be honest with you, the Rogers cable remote "DOES" have the capability to eject the DVD or Blue Ray from the player. I know because I have setup my rogers remote to do such in the past. But its "TRICKY" Its not advertized how to, and there is no support and no guarantee that all feature keys of your device will work

I have said this earlier, the rogers remote is more powerful than it looks, I have done some complex programming to it in the last 6 to 8 years but I have stopped because I am not a customer of Rogers Cable anymore, tho I still enjoy their services when im at my parents house.

There's a function called EFC (Extended Function Codes) which is built into ALL remotes made by URC. Now finding the EFC table for your device can be tricky there are tons of them for the same brand and no central database to look them up. I did go onto some JP1 remote control forums in the past and played around with the codes till I found the right ones but if you REALLY want the eject function and map it to an existing key, you will NOT find the answer here, you are better off going to the JP1 remote discussion forums and learning on there how to do it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm well aware of, but usually hesitate to give out information here, regarding the JP1 interface, because it's well beyond the average user, and may make the remote unusable for Rogers functionality, if used incorrectly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JP1_remote

So, user beware, as mentioned by @Pauly

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes hence my explanation it was "tricky" and "no support" etc.

I've Been Here Awhile

I would like to thank everyone for their responses.  I found it quite interesting.

To the person that mentioned that ejecting implies a visit to the actual device, it may be worth noting that the reason an eject button would be helpful is because the controls for the player are on the top of the device and not on the front.  The device is sitting on a closed shelf, and it isn't readily apparent where the controls are.

Oh well.

Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@EBrooks : Thanks for the feedback.  Perhaps you could cut a small piece of a yellow Post-It or something similar and put it on the front of the player with an "up-arrow" indicating where the eject button is on top.  You might also put something on the eject button itself for a tactile feel, similar to Braille (a blob of nail polish or similar?).  This probably wouldn't be necessary for anyone used to using the device, however, it might be useful for others.

I've Been Here Awhile

I know I remapped my ok/select button before to work with 'TV' rather than 'cable'. It was a bunch of button press sequences. Is this the complex programming discussed? With the button press sequences, I believe all you need to find is the 3 or 4 digit code for Samsung 'eject' and assign it to a key under 'DVD' like A,B,C or D. It's been awhile, I don't remember how I did it but maybe I'll try to look around if I wrote it down or the link to the site I got it from somewhere.
Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation