a week ago - last edited a week ago by RogersYasmine
After trying to program the remote to power the TV, it stopped controlling the DTA50 adapter. Resetting the remote with the 981 code resets the TV code, but not the Rogers box control.
Another Rogers remote will change the channels on the box.
How do I do a factory reset of the remote?
1. There are numerous Rogers Remotes, as outlined in the following link:
2. I'm assuming you're talking about the DTA remote as outlined in the following link:
3. The instructions for programming the remote and the quick start operating manual are also available on that link above. That remote should always control the DTA-50. Make sure you've got good batteries and that the DTA-50 is powered up using the remote power button.
4. You can then programme the remote to control your TV on/off/volume per the instructions in that link.
5. I'm not sure what you could have done to prevent the remote from controlling the DTA-50.
6. If you have a spare (different) remote around, then use the first link to have it control the box and the TV.
7. As you have no doubt surmised, I do not know how to do a factory reset, but that may not be necessary and a factory reset may mean it doesn't control the DTA either...
The failing remote is URC3068
It does control the TV power and volume. The batteries are new and good.
There is no power up function on the DTA-50. The power is always on when plugged in.
a week ago - last edited a week ago
There are two different FAQ-style threads within these forum's, that you can search for using the search bar at the top of any forum page.
The 981 code the OP mentions, works with my Nextbox remote, along with the 1877 code, however, they are not needed, since I now instead use the easier method of resetting my remote that can be found by searching for the thread: Program your Rogers Remote (Digital TV thread link).
However, with the DTA50 remote, the code 991 is used, followed by the technique on how to use it, which can be found in the thread that begins with: "Program TV Control"
Perhaps when you tried the 981 code, you confused the DTA50 remote, but once you use the proper 991 code and proper setup (from Program TV Control thread), that will hopefully act as a factory reset.
I tried the 991 code before. It allows the remote to control the TV, but does not reset the DTA50 remote.
As a last resort I went to a Rogers store to exchange the remote. The store will only deal with Ignite problems, not with older equipment. I guess that I will have to go with a universal remote.
Thank you for your responses.
Monday - last edited Monday
Call around to various Rogers stores, they may have another remote like the 1056 lying around. There were typically plenty of them returned as people switched to IgniteTV. These should work with the DTA, as you mentioned in your OP and can be programmed for your TV per my links. Ask around your friend circle, they may have one lying around too. There was typically no charge to get one of these. You can also search online at a place like Kijiji, where they are on sale for $5-$10.
The setup code to clear custom programming in the 1056 remote is 980, not 981, so give that a try...?
No luck with the 980 code.
According to the Rogers store employee, the remotes are not available at any store.
I had better luck with Rogers Support. Through the Chat function I contacted the "Residential Cable Technical Support". They will courier out a replacement for the Delta URC3068.
I had hoped that a simple reset could have fixed my problem, instead of replacing the unit.
They are available online, with a shipping cost higher than the price of the remote.
Thank you for your suggestions.