DTA50 Box and SEC1 channels

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

DTA50 Box and SEC1 channels

I have an extended basic package with Rogers and use the crappy Cisco DTA box. Why do I get all these blank SEC1 labelled channels in my lineup that display the message: "we have detect a service interuption...."

A real TV adapter in today's digital world would allow me to program the channels I watch and delete or skip the ones I do not watch. Changing over to the DTA was a regressive step that takes away functionality from my digital-ready TV. It is not for my enhanced viewing pleasure that Rogers is converting digital signals to analog for viewing on my digital screen.

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: DTA50 Box and SEC1 channels

The sec ones are removable, but you need to get a better digital box. The dta's are just too basic.

The reason your digital tv can not decode it is that the digital signals are encrypted, the tv does not know how to unscramble them.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: DTA50 Box and SEC1 channels

PJB wrote:...."

A real TV adapter in today's digital world would allow me to program the channels I watch and delete or skip the ones I do not watch. .

The real ones do.  They're called Nextbox.

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation