DTA for a TV in a digital household?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

DTA for a TV in a digital household?

I have 3 televisions in the apartment. Two  of them have digital cable boxes, one is a simple Analog.

Seems I now need an Adapter to continue getting cable on the analog TV. I have now lost Channel 47,49 and 52 (North York).

the Online form said I'm not eligible for an adapter. Am I now totally screwed because I'm splitting a signal into the analog TV and must pay rogers an additional $6.99 for the 'outlet' to continue watching crappy cable on this crappy TV?

Way I see it I shouldn't have to because Im paying for the signal into the unit not a on a per TV basis. Can I buy my own adapter and regain the channels?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: DTA for a TV in a digital household?

That's odd. My understanding is that you could get one for any unused digital outlets on your account. I would try calling in and see if they can add it.

I am not sure if the dta's are purchase able, but you likely could find a used SD box for pretty cheap.

I've Been Here Awhile

Perhaps  to clarify, im currently paying for two digital boxes, I have a third TV(analog) hooked into a splitter for regular cable and it's rarely used. But if I want to continue getting the cable channels on it I need an adapter or a box.

From what I'm reading rogers wont make my third TV functional anymore unless I pay them an extra 6.99 for a third 'outlet.'

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I understand what your setup is Smiley Happy

What TV package are you currently subscribed to?

If you are on Digital Plus or higher, you should have 3-4 'digital outlets' already.  Assuming you have the plan with 3+, you would only be using 2 of those for the two digital boxes... leaving one digital outlet free.. so you should be able to get a DTA for it, without paying anything.

If your plan, does not have enough 'digital outlets' on it.. then yes, you would have to pay the 6.99 to add more.  At that point, worth comparing your plan vs the others which do have it, may only be a few $ diference and gain a bunch more channels.

Unfortunately yes, over time, as is, that 3rd DV will loose functionality as they remove more and more channels from analog.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

sometimes the info you get online from the website mite conflict with what the info you get at the rogers store, i had the same problem but its always wise to pop into your local rogers video store, and ask in person about the rogers DTA50, they might definitely give you more acurate info,  i had been communicated the proper correct info from the rogers store rather than the web site

I've Been Around

DTA Channels 

I have the Rogers basic plus package. On my three HD boxes I get all the channels I am paying for. ( and a bunch I don't want), BUT on my DTA50 I don't get 49 HGTV for example. This channel is part of my package...what's up? I have read the other threads about this but don't quite understand what is going on. The TV I am using with the DTA is a full digital set, so it shouldn't need an adapter at all. I understood the DTA was for older analogue tvs. Can someone please explain.

I'm a Senior Advisor

The DTA50 is not a full digital box, and will not give you the range of channels a full nextbox or other STB will. 

The DTA50 was meant to be a 'bridge' between the wall and the tv.  Whatever channels you'd get by plugging cable directly from the wall into the tv, you would continue to receive as they transition from analogue delivery to digital delivery.

If the TV is digital, then get rid of the DTA and get a proper STB to get the channels you're paying for.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@richarderic I have VIP, which includes HGTV and I get it on my DTA50 (on channel 41 in my area). According to this, HGTV is included in Basic Plus. Channel 49 is within the tuning range of the DTA. I would call Rogers and get this sorted out.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario