Current ( Oct 2015 ) TV Ad

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Current ( Oct 2015 ) TV Ad

@OLDYELLR wrote:

@billmcintyre I'm not entirely sure whom you're replying to, but this really isn't funny. It's political correctness run amock. This started by someone reporting a TV ad that offended their  religious sensibilities, I have to guess. Rogers stated their policy on diversity and that was that.  If someone then had jumped in and questioned an image where Rogers used a white couple to represent typical happy customers and demanded diversity, hoards of people would be jumping out of the woodwork demanding change. But if someone points out an image with a happy black couple and suggests more diversity, they're instantly branded as a bigot. What kind of double standard is that? 

I think you just fell into the same trap I did, @OLDYELLR.....  you need to add a sarcastic smiley at the end of his rant, as I has to with yours 😃

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yup. I'm just not sure who I was taking a dig at, the OP, whoever thought I was being racist, or Rogers. I'll never now be able to run for political office because it's all out on the Internet for posterity.  Smiley Frustrated

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@OLDYELLR @Lurker

I was directing sarcasm at the OP - but I completely understand that you guys may have missed that point,making it less clear what I was trying to say.

So for future reference - if you are trying to make a sarcastic point, you may want to check the tone of your post.  The tone may have been altered in such a way that your message might no longer be clear.

Oh - and also, I wasn't able to log onto this website for 24 hours to make myself more clear - because my whole neighborhood had its internet not working properly from about noon yesterday to about 11 am today.  I found this out after having a tech person come out at 8 am this morning and spend most of an hour tearing my entertainment system apart.

Thanks Rogers.    I didn't really want to sleep in this morning.