Current ( Oct 2015 ) TV Ad

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
I've Been Around
Posts: 1

Current ( Oct 2015 ) TV Ad

Rogers is currently playing an Ad with a bunch of couples kissing..I think I see two guys kissing in it...I hope I am mistaken..Some people have no objection to this, fine. but I do not want to view this...I OBJECT !

Community Manager
Community Manager
Posts: 3,359

Re: Current ( Oct 2015 ) TV Ad

Hello @Friendlyfreddy

 

The main message of the Roam Like Home advertisement is that no two families are the same, and they come in all shapes and sizes. The commercial represents this diversity and we support all the different families and customers we provide solutions for.

 

Thanks!

 

RogersDarrell

 

I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 3,480

Re: Current ( Oct 2015 ) TV Ad

I've noticed for a long time now that at the top of each forum page you show a picture of a handsome black couple.  No objection, but would it be too much to ask that the same diversity rules be applied? Say, rotate through all the races and combinations?


SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 961

Re: Current ( Oct 2015 ) TV Ad


@Friendlyfreddy wrote:

Rogers is currently playing an Ad with a bunch of couples kissing..I think I see two guys kissing in it...I hope I am mistaken..Some people have no objection to this, fine. but I do not want to view this...I OBJECT !

 


Take your homophobia elsewhere.

I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 961

Re: Current ( Oct 2015 ) TV Ad


@OLDYELLR wrote:

I've noticed for a long time now that at the top of each forum page you show a picture of a handsome black couple.  No objection, but would it be too much to ask that the same diversity rules be applied? Say, rotate through all the races and combinations?



Please....let this be sarcasm.....

I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 3,480

Re: Current ( Oct 2015 ) TV Ad

Yeah, it's pretty hard to be tongue-in-cheek when there's no appropriate smiley available. Smiley Embarassed  But, sadly, I don't doubt the OP was serious.


SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 961

Re: Current ( Oct 2015 ) TV Ad


@OLDYELLR wrote:

Yeah, it's pretty hard to be tongue-in-cheek when there's no appropriate smiley available. Smiley Embarassed  But, sadly, I don't doubt the OP was serious.


I have no doubt the OP was serious.

 

And I shouldnt have doubted you! 😊

I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 3,480

Re: Current ( Oct 2015 ) TV Ad

I'm sure an organization in the public eye, like Rogers, puts a lot of thought into the images they present and they're thoroughly vetted by lawyers for political correctness. A picture is worth 1000 words.


SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Posts: 202

Re: Current ( Oct 2015 ) TV Ad

I'll ask Rogers to change the image for you to two women making out and playing with each others bubbles.  I'm sure your kind will have no objection to THIS type of image.

 

And if we don't speak out - what will Rogers push on us next?  Maybe a white woman in the same photo with a black man?  Oh - scandelous.

 

We have to speak out about this outrage.

 

 

(Ken M speaks through me)

I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 3,480

Re: Current ( Oct 2015 ) TV Ad

@billmcintyre I'm not entirely sure whom you're replying to, but this really isn't funny. It's political correctness run amock. This started by someone reporting a TV ad that offended their  religious sensibilities, I have to guess. Rogers stated their policy on diversity and that was that.  If someone then had jumped in and questioned an image where Rogers used a white couple to represent typical happy customers and demanded diversity, hoards of people would be jumping out of the woodwork demanding change. But if someone points out an image with a happy black couple and suggests more diversity, they're instantly branded as a bigot. What kind of double standard is that? 


SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario