CraveTV coming to Rogers November 1st

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: CraveTV coming to Rogers November 1st

I hadn't heard of this addition until just now when I tried to log into TMNGo on my laptop (running Windows 😎 and it redirected me to Crave. I logged in to the new site, created a profile, no problems there. But when I search for a film and the page comes up, clicking the blue play button does nothing. Am I missing something here? I've tried it with Chrome and Firefox now and for multiple films, always with the same result. I'm a TMN/HBO subscriber and had no issue accessing this material on TMNGo. Is the site supposed to be working at this point, or is this part of the functionality that won't be ready until November 15th? Does anyone happen to know?

I'm a Senior Advisor

I'm getting a similar outcome using Firefox on Windows 7. I log in through Rogers, create a profile, but when I go to play anything I either get this when I click to watch a trailer:

error1.jpg

Or there's a subscribe button.  I go through the subscribe steps, but don't complete in case I have to pay for it. I already have Crave on cable channels and I'm not interested in watching TV on my laptop if I can see it on the big screen.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@j314 : It works fine for me on my Mac Mini with Chrome. I just tested it again with Molly's Game and Ray Donovan.  Both played.  I assume your profile is showing at the top right of the page?

Some browser extensions and add-ons (like adblockers, etc) can be problematical with certain websites.  Turn them off. Here's a list of other things that can cause issues with certain websites.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/42...

The website works as of November 1. It's just some equipment that will need to wait to the 15th.

I've Been Here Awhile

It's Nov 3rd and when I go to Crave TV On Demand, there are virtually no shows or movies that the Bell Crave TV has. All this seems to be is existing TMN and HBO content. It has the Crave TV branding, but none of the content. Is this the intent or will content show up at some point. Is there something I have to do or am I just being punked?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:

I see where the channel codes have been swapped around, from TMN to CRV.

Reading the CRAVE FAQ it talks about subscribing, but I've never subscribed to TMN or HBO or Crave, yet now I can get the following channels:

300 CRAVE

CRAVE On Demand

309 CRVMD Crave Movies & HBO On Demand
310 MNEOD TMN Encore On Demand
311 HBOCD HBO Canada On Demand

Is this a free preview and will they become subscription channels later?

@OLDYELLR wrote:

I see where the channel codes have been swapped around, from TMN to CRV.

Reading the CRAVE FAQ it talks about subscribing, but I've never subscribed to TMN or HBO or Crave, yet now I can get the following channels:

300 CRAVE

CRAVE On Demand

309 CRVMD Crave Movies & HBO On Demand
310 MNEOD TMN Encore On Demand
311 HBOCD HBO Canada On Demand

Is this a free preview and will they become subscription channels later?

Some people CAN SEE the channels on their guide, but that does not mean the content in the channels are viewable.  my mom does not subscribe to tmn but she still sees the channels as subscribed in her guide. but when she goes in to the channel and trys to select a movie, it tells her she is NOT SUBSCRIBED. so try that and let us know,   having the channel alone visible to you does not mean anything

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the tips, @57. Yep, I can see my profile in the top right corner and I've tried the suggestions in your link to no avail. But I've made a discover just now: If I click on any of the top line of films on the Crave page (i.e. those just above the Just Added Movies row) I can play them just fine. If I click on films in any of the other rows (e.g. Just Added Movies, Box Office Hits, Critically Acclaimed Movies, etc.), or if I search for a film or series, pressing the Play button won't do anything as I originally reported. For example, if I click on Molly's Game in the first row, it plays fine, but if I go down to the Dramas line and select it there it won't play. So it appears the site does work for me in a very limited capacity. I'm not sure of the significance of this, but I'll keep poking around to see if I can figure things out. Thanks again for the response!

I Plan to Stick Around

If she clicks on it and it's says not subscribed then yes she would have to subscribe to TMN (Now Crave). Cause they rebranded TMN on Nov 1st to Crave. So if she wasn't a TMN subscriber but her channels reads Crave then yes she has to subscribe 1st to Crave. Then she'll be able to watch on her tv.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey,
Whoever is using the crave site online if you go to tv provider you sign in that way and click Rogers. Then a login box will pop up and the login you use to sign into your Rogers account you use that same thing on crave site. And if you're already a TMN subscriber once you sign in on crave then you'll be able to watch whatever is on crave site. That's what I had to do on November 1st when I tried it on my computer. I don't have the so called app at moment but just go to Crave site and login in the 2nd option where it says cable subscriber (not top one)
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Randyme,
Once you click craveondemand (300) there's different folders or sections and look for one called/named Crave. Then it'll load up and you should see different folders and the cravetv shows should appear.

I've Been Here Awhile

I tried using the app on my samsung tv, got it all registered and everything, but I only see tv shows and no movies. Also, I can't play anything just yet. A few bumps in the road is to be expected I guess. 
I can sign in at Cravetv.ca using my rogers sign in and it works. Hopefully the app will soon work as well!

😉

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats