CraveTV coming to Rogers November 1st

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: CraveTV coming to Rogers November 1st

@OLDYELLR wrote:

My point is that all subscription channels in my IPG are another colour and when I select them I get the Not Authorized banner and number to call. The Crave On Demand (300) channel is normal and I go through 6 steps, including the title, where it says "Price: Free"  to get to the Watch Now button, before getting the error screen telling me I must subscribe. I guess Rogers should fix the IPG, but maybe this "bait and switch" method might draw some customers into subscribing.

This is NOT new, this supposed glitch existed for a while before everyone was talking about crave.   My mother has the premium or premier or whatever its called  tv package, and the tmn and hbo on demand channels show up but when she goes to play a title, it says she has to subscribe to watch.  This means this is a rogers glitch which existed well before crave was in the works, i noticed it a good 4-5 months ago on her cable setup.   so the fact that people are noticing it now is merely coincidental, maybe no one took the time to report this glitch to rogers yet?  im not a rogers subscriber so I can not report this glitch to them.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Pauly wrote:

@mfait wrote:

How is it free if you lost TMN.  You are not getting anything extra.  TMN was switched to Crave.

Maybe you have a difficult time differentiating between TMN and Crave TV, they WERE 2 separate services, they simply are combined into one product add on with just one name now.

TMN was not switched to crave it was "Renamed" to Crave,  and Crave TV was also renamed to Crave, so TMN + Crave TV = Crave, Crave is simply the NEW name which contains what ever both existing services was containing under one New Name    Not sure how else to describe it to you. but it makes perfect sense to me.

If you had TMN, you get free access to Crave TV, on the On Demand Channel and their android /apple app. customers were NOT getting this before, its something new.

I get that, but as said:

yap. when I looked on my pvr I noticed TMN 1 on ch. 301, TMN 3-304, TMN 2-305 & TMN 4-306 are CRV1,CVR3,CVR2,CVR4 now so I didn't realize they were renaming TMN to CRAVE till I saw it on my pvr.

So 4 TMN Channels got rebranded to 4 Crave Channels.

So if Crave comes with new programming, then that means we also lost some TMN programming, unless new channels got added to the package I am not aware of.  Maybe the programs are better than the ones we lost.

In the end you don't get more programming, just different programming.  So, no extra free channels.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I see, however Crave TV is NOT a conventional TV channel, it was designed as an Over The Top Streaming service with its own unique library and back catalogue of movies and shows which were NOT part of what TMN The Movie Network was airing, it was its own smartphone/tablet application. Bell actually had it included with tmn waay before rogers did, so it actually had its own VOD menu and you can see its own titles on the set top box in addition to the tmn and hbo on demand.

TMN has its own 4 channels and on demand channel plus it had its own app (tmngo) where you could watch the same content on the Rogers TMNOD channel that you could also stream on your tablet. 

Now whenever networks or ott services merge, why do people always complain they are getting less?  usually these people who complain never subscribed to such services before hand and do not know any better than to complain about things.  sometimes give it a chance instead of complaining, I had it for over a year before I cancelled my subscription tv service, and cancelling was not because I disliked it, its because I became poor suddenly and have financial struggles. but when i get money i will sign back up in a heartbeat.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I have the package and noticed the change from TMN to Crave.  I was just having a hard time with Rogers saying that it was being included with the TMN + HBO package when it was a rebranding.

Perhaps there is more and better and more programming with Crave on demand than there was with TMN on demand, but as far as channel count, there aren't any additional channels int he package.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

that is right, there is no additional channels, cus crave was never a tv channel, its an online streaming service. most people who have tmn do not steam it via tmngo so they are not used to understanding the difference between the two. think of how netflix customers watch shows? they watch it when ever they want thru an app on their tablet or smart tv, think of crave as something similar, which might possibly be the future of how we watch TV

I Plan to Stick Around

Noticed the Support FAQ on Crave has been updated concerning access via Apple TV and other devices advising availability by Nov 15th. This will improve access to on-demand considerably. 

What devices can I use the new Crave app with?

“The Crave app is currently available for iOS and Android. By November 15th, it will be available on Apple TV, Samsung Smart TVs (2014 – 2018), Xbox One, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV Stick, and Amazon Fire TV. Simply sign in with your MyRogers ID and password to access your Crave subscription.”

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/crave

I Plan to Stick Around

Just found out about the crave tmn switch tonight. Can’t load channel 309 nor 310 . Old tmn Channels are just crave shows so I cant get any movies even though I’m paying for TMN n HBO via subscription. 

Been thinking about this for about 6 months, I’m cancelling eveything with Rogers, cell service jumps in price every year but nothing is better, home pho is great for telemarketers , cable has nothing on it anymore and really Netflix is the only thing I use. 

Rogers, this is the final straw, your about to loose another 430.00 of my money per month. 

Enough is enough.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi forgottenrebel,
When you click on 309 a bunch of listings appear. The TMN listings such as movies just select movies in the list. HBO also there as well but more of the HBO can be found by clicking Crave then HBO. TMN rebranded back on November 1st. I found out TMN was renamed Crave and had to look on my guide for TMN listings as well checking out Cravetv listings. It's all mixed in there by clicking Crave on 300 or 309 and selecting whichever folder you're looking for. I have TMN and HBO and encore channels as well. But they are there but just under the crave name for TMN. So just click movies and the TMN movies will be listed in that folder.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@forgottenrebel (and others) : Any of the previous channels that had TMN and HBO programming on them, still have all those programmes, only the channel name has been changed. For example, channels 550+ (or 301+) in Ontario still contain all the same "TMN/HBO" programmes.

As for On-demand, again if you go to the appropriate OD channels you should be able to see all the TMN and HBO programming, same as before, but you will also be able to see some programming that was previously available only with a Crave subscription. So, you get more, not less than before.  If you have issues with the OD channels, perhaps you have a signal issue in your home or neighbourhood.  Call Rogers and have them check your signal since a poor signal may not get back to the head end to access the OD material properly.  See link below on Signal:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M42...

I, and others on the forum, don't understand why some people are complaining about this when you get everything you had before, plus Crave programming.  A name-change should not be that difficult to handle?

In addition, if you wish to stream this programming, you can do that too, either with Anyplace (web or app), or Crave web or app.

I Plan to Stick Around

As far stated already, I can’t get anything on those channels, it keeps saying hit ok to refresh, I do and nothing. Feedback loop. I get neither crave nor tmn.