CraveTV coming to Rogers November 1st

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: CraveTV coming to Rogers November 1st

Sure ok. So now Crave's library if merged with TMN.  And still no app on  the Ignite boxes.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Pauly wrote:

@Biollw wrote:

This Crave introduction is more smoke and mirrors.

They have taken TMN1 to 4 and rebranded them Crave 1 to 4. Taken TMN, HBO and Crave on-demand libraries and merged them.

So you really it is not "getting Crave Tv for Free". Nothing more than smoke and mirrors.

It's NOT smoke and mirrors, if you read, you get access to Crave TV  for FREE, Crave TV was the streaming service, its now called just Crave, even with the name change, its a big deal, do u even know what Crave TV is about, TMN and HBO are also called Crave, so to you you probably are confused by the name change, but probably failed to read the press release and realize the back catalogue is now included.

I still don't see how I can get "Crave TV for FREE".

I go to Channel 300, CRAVE and pick any show, it says "Price: Free", but when I select it, select Watch Now, I get this:

scam.jpg

That does not look like free to me.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Oldyeller.....I think he means for "free" when you already subscribe to the former TMN/HBO.  You're not going to get it free with regular cable packages.  Perhaps the channel itself initially says "free" as part of the introduction of the rebranded package.

And I use the word "free" lightly with regard to the addition of the Crave library......with the price we're paying for cable and these specialty channels it doesn't kill Rogers to throw us some extras occasionally.  It seems like every time they switch things up we get less for more money.......like removing things like time shifting from new cable packages and discontinuing the % off for bundling services.  I'm still holding on to a legacy internet package because if I change it it will cost me more.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

yes obviously you NEED to subscribe to TMN /HBO to get Crave TV for free, this was talked about in great detail on here now, if you missed this part then im sorry.

I'm a Senior Advisor

My point is that all subscription channels in my IPG are another colour and when I select them I get the Not Authorized banner and number to call. The Crave On Demand (300) channel is normal and I go through 6 steps, including the title, where it says "Price: Free"  to get to the Watch Now button, before getting the error screen telling me I must subscribe. I guess Rogers should fix the IPG, but maybe this "bait and switch" method might draw some customers into subscribing.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Biollw,

I don't know about the app since I haven't download an app nor I don't know about Ignite boxes. In my province (NB) we don't have ignite tv yet. All we have are the netboxes 2.0 PVRS. I don't know if NB will ever get upgraded boxes like Ontario has or the Ignite tv. So I would contact Rogers in your provinces about the app on ignite boxes. hope they can answer your questions.

According to this announcement: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Introducing-Crave-Movies-HBO/ba-p...

"You can watch live and On Demand content through your digital box, or by streaming online through Rogers Anyplace TV, the Ignite TV app or the Crave website and the Crave app."

I have yet to see the app on the Xi6 boxes.

@Pauly wrote:

yes obviously you NEED to subscribe to TMN /HBO to get Crave TV for free, this was talked about in great detail on here now, if you missed this part then im sorry.

How is it free if you lost TMN.  You are not getting anything extra.  TMN was switched to Crave.

I Plan to Stick Around

@mfait wrote:

@Pauly wrote:

How is it free if you lost TMN.  You are not getting anything extra.  TMN was switched to Crave.

The name TMN  has changed but we still have the former TMN content within the rebranded package called Crave.

If you previously subscribed to TMN/HBO your new package is called Crave+Movies+HBO.  Price is the same at $19.95.  The content we always had is still there PLUS new content from the addition of Crave....An example is Showtime shows like Billions that aired on TMN were missing from the on demand channel.  Now with the addition of crave content it's available.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mfait wrote:

Maybe you have a difficult time differentiating between TMN and Crave TV, they WERE 2 separate services, they simply are combined into one product add on with just one name now.

TMN was not switched to crave it was "Renamed" to Crave,  and Crave TV was also renamed to Crave, so TMN + Crave TV = Crave, Crave is simply the NEW name which contains what ever both existing services was containing under one New Name    Not sure how else to describe it to you. but it makes perfect sense to me.

If you had TMN, you get free access to Crave TV, on the On Demand Channel and their android /apple app. customers were NOT getting this before, its something new.