CraveTV coming to Rogers November 1st

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CraveTV coming to Rogers November 1st

actually just click channel 300 (NB) & it'll take you to different folders to shows etc... see pics below.

20181103_155525[1].jpg
20181103_155550[1].jpg
20181103_155604[1].jpg

20181103_155616[1].jpg

20181103_155629[1].jpg

I Plan to Stick Around

hi mandy01134,
I cant answer for the app since I dont have the app but I know if you go to their website & login to cable provider if that's what you're trying to do you'll be able to watch tv shows & movies from it. that's if you had TMN package if you're with rogers. but if not hope everything works soon for ya.
I've Been Here Awhile

Ya, like I said. The Crave tv website works fine. And the rogers channels work too. But, onDemand and the app for my samsung tv does not work yet.

Smiley Wink

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@j314 wrote:

...if I search for a film or series, pressing the Play button won't do anything

Not quite sure why you're encountering these issues. When I did my tests I actually did a search for Molly's Game and for Ray Donovan and played them from the search results...

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Pauly wrote:

Some people CAN SEE the channels on their guide, but that does not mean the content in the channels are viewable.  my mom does not subscribe to tmn but she still sees the channels as subscribed in her guide. but when she goes in to the channel and trys to select a movie, it tells her she is NOT SUBSCRIBED. so try that and let us know,   having the channel alone visible to you does not mean anything

You are exactly right. I saw I had access to the channels, but when I actually tried to view anything, I got this:

scam.jpg

Clearly, it's a teaser, a scam. Other channels that are subscription clearly indicate so. These take you through some steps before throwing it in your face. If it looks too good to be true, it most likely is. I've never seen Rogers add any channels for free, only take them away with no adjustment in price. Oh well. Smiley Embarassed

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

If you see CRAVE TV appear on channel 300 and associated channels  on 309, 310 and 311 in your IPG as if they're available without a subscription, don't waste your time trying to view anything. It's a teaser, a scam. You have to pay to subscribe after going through the steps in the end. This is unusual for Rogers because normally subscription channels are identified as such in the IPG.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm Here A Lot

Aha, I finally figured it out! For whatever reason, the issue occurs only when my browser window is not in full screen. In other words, when I bring up a movie or show with the browser occupying only part of the screen, the Play button won't work at all. When I expand to full screen, the button works as it should. It was just bad luck that I happened to have the window shrunk down to half-screen yesterday so I could do two things at once, hence the issues. Why a few rows of titles worked while most others didn't I have no idea, but at least the problem is solved now. Thanks again for your help, @57!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@j314 wrote:

For whatever reason, the issue occurs only when my browser window is not in full screen. 

Strange. I use Chrome on my Mac Mini and I don't have it on full screen and it works fine.  I change it to full screen if I ever watch anything on my computer, which is rare.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This Crave introduction is more smoke and mirrors.

They have taken TMN1 to 4 and rebranded them Crave 1 to 4. Taken TMN, HBO and Crave on-demand libraries and merged them.

So you really it is not "getting Crave Tv for Free". Nothing more than smoke and mirrors. So when you search, it also searches the On demand libraries of TMN, HBO just like it always has. (Ignite TV that is). Nothing new. 

Even if using the Crave app, it is the same because you used to have TMN & HBO go.

IMHO...

PS: Is there not supposed to be a Crave app loaded onto our Ignite TV Xi6 boxes? 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Biollw wrote:

This Crave introduction is more smoke and mirrors.

They have taken TMN1 to 4 and rebranded them Crave 1 to 4. Taken TMN, HBO and Crave on-demand libraries and merged them.

So you really it is not "getting Crave Tv for Free". Nothing more than smoke and mirrors.

It's NOT smoke and mirrors, if you read, you get access to Crave TV  for FREE, Crave TV was the streaming service, its now called just Crave, even with the name change, its a big deal, do u even know what Crave TV is about, TMN and HBO are also called Crave, so to you you probably are confused by the name change, but probably failed to read the press release and realize the back catalogue is now included.

Topic Stats