CraveTV coming to Rogers November 1st

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CraveTV coming to Rogers November 1st

If you had TMN then when they brought HBO Canada the people who had TMN HBO was included with TMN so you didn't have to subscribe to HBO. I'm a VIP subscriber as well and never subscribed to HBO but remember when it came to Canada I read those who had TMN would receive HBO as well.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I believe channel 300 was TMN on Demand, which uses the ROD interface and all but was showing TMN On Demand movies and HBO on Demand movies too since HBO was included for FREE with TMN subscription. HBO was never a standalone subscription. TMN is the anchor for it, when you order tmn, you get tmn and hbo, now when you order tmn you get tmn, hbo and crave tv, which is just re-packaged as  simply Crave (they removed the word TV), you can use the crave app to watch existing tmn and hbo content and now get the crave content for free on your tablets or smartphone, sounds like its a good deal.

So channel 300 has probably become Crave on Demand, which they probably added the crave stuff to it and kept the existing tmn and hbo stuff so just a lot of new stuff, i don't know for sure since i do not subscribe to it at the moment.

I'm a Senior Contributor

I have the Crave APP on my tablet and it allows me to log in and watch shows.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

yes that is the point of the crave app. I used to have it last year and enjoyed it, it even supports chromecast

I'm a Senior Advisor

I see where the channel codes have been swapped around, from TMN to CRV.

Reading the CRAVE FAQ it talks about subscribing, but I've never subscribed to TMN or HBO or Crave, yet now I can get the following channels:

300CRAVE

CRAVE On Demand

309CRVMDCrave Movies & HBO On Demand
310MNEODTMN Encore On Demand
311HBOCDHBO Canada On Demand

Is this a free preview and will they become subscription channels later?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@OLDYELLR wrote:

I see where the channel codes have been swapped around, from TMN to CRV.

Reading the CRAVE FAQ it talks about subscribing, but I've never subscribed to TMN or HBO or Crave, yet now I can get the following channels:

300CRAVE

CRAVE On Demand

309CRVMDCrave Movies & HBO On Demand
310MNEODTMN Encore On Demand
311HBOCDHBO Canada On Demand

Is this a free preview and will they become subscription channels later?

I'm wondering the same thing, oldyeller.  I see that the first month is free if you subscribe to Crave but I don't see anything about a free preview month in this months list of previews.  I mentioned in a previous post that I felt like complaining to Rogers because you are getting for free what I pay $19.95/month for.  I'm a long time TMN subscriber.  Southsider1036 chimed in above to basically say I'm stupid for questioning this.  Maybe someone from Rogers can tell us whether it's a free preview or if there is a glitch.

I Plan to Stick Around

^^

Probably a glitch on some users. All Crave channels (Live and On Demand) are all unsubscribe on my TV. I'm in NB and have the Popular package.

I Plan to Stick Around

kuhnberg, I didn't say you were stupid for questioning it. As for free preview, I don't know anything about a free preview. I pay for TMN every month but now rebranded as Crave. I haven't seen anything regarding free preview but if you want to put a complaint in about Crave or whatever the problem is by all means go ahead. but if you weren't a subscriber to TMN but CRAVETV, then I dont know what to tell you. but far as I can understand it, TMN is no more plus I got 2 emails on Nov. 2nd regarding TMN & TMNGO is no longer & now is under the Crave name.

the channels posted below or above are same on my PVR also. But if you see something about first month free, then yes contact  Rogers about it.

rogers.gif
rogers2.gif

I Plan to Stick Around

it vould be maybe a promo for new customers kuhnberg. I pay 19.95 for TMN as well. but if you find anything out from Rogers, let ,me know. My Nov. Rogers bill charged me the 19.95 as usual so I dont know about a free preview nor heard anything. TY

Hello @Gdkitty & @Sailorman!

We really appreciate you guys pointing out this possible discrepancy in our FAQs! We have sent an email off to our Rogers.com team to have this investigated and updated as needed! 

Kind regards!

RogersLaura