CraveTV coming to Rogers November 1st

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CraveTV coming to Rogers November 1st

@COLP wrote:

WHY IS THE CRAVE APP ASKING ME TO PAY FOR SUBSCRIPTION

Me too.  I just tried the app and it's still offering me a one month free trial from Samsung.  I don't see any way to add my Rogers login info.  Am I missing something or can we only view Crave on tv through demand??

And yes....I do subscribe/pay for TMN/HBO

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its if your Subscribed to the TMN/HBO package, some people are Subscribed to it and not necessarily "paying" for it due to a promotion, so yeah "paying for it is the wrong choice of words. Crave is Free for people who are "subscribed" to the former TMN/HBO package

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As per in the other Apple TV, may fall into place here as well.

Make sure you do APP UPDATES on whatever device your trying to access from.

As the app itself, may not have the capability to connect to the rogers authentication in its current form.
An update may fix it... or the app just needs to be updated PERIOD for it to work.

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't think APPS are working yet. From the crave.ca website....

"You can subscribe to Crave directly by visiting Crave.ca/subscribe, or through your television provider. It’s also available on iOS and Android. By November 15, Crave will be available on all partner platforms, such as AppleTV, Xbox One, Samsung Smart TVs, and Amazon Fire TV.

A subscription to Crave or Crave + Movies + HBO will give you access on Web, iOS and Android. By November 15, Crave will be available on all partner platforms, such as AppleTV, Xbox One, Samsung Smart TVs, and Amazon Fire TV."

I'm a Senior Advisor

I have VIP and now have Crave On Demand on Channel 300. Previously it was just another ROD channel, maybe movies. Now it includes

Showtime

HBO

STARZ Selects

Dramas

Comedies

Kids

Documentaries

VICE

More.

I was never an HBO subscriber.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty wrote:

As per in the other Apple TV, may fall into place here as well.

Make sure you do APP UPDATES on whatever device your trying to access from.

As the app itself, may not have the capability to connect to the rogers authentication in its current form.
An update may fix it... or the app just needs to be updated PERIOD for it to work.

Trying to get Crave on Apple TV using Rogers as TV provider without success. Running tvOS v 12.1 and CraveTV v 1.8.94 all the latest versions. 

After entering the activation code, I get the message “ Congratulations your device is activated. Return to CraveTV on your Apple TV and the App will refresh automatically”.

Doesnt refresh. Tried calling tech support but they weren’t helpful. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As per the post below my last one.

Looks like partner apps (applet TV, smart tvs, etc)
will not be working properly with it potentially until the 15th.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty wrote:

As per the post below my last one.

Looks like partner apps (applet TV, smart tvs, etc)
will not be working properly with it potentially until the 15th.

Would be nice if someone updated the FAQ if that’s the case. Why is this stuff so hard. 

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/crave

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@CommunityHelps

Not sure if you can pass on this information to whoever does the web stuff? Update the FAQ there.

I Plan to Stick Around

Channel 300 was formerly Rogers Ondemand, not TMN. At least on my per 300 wasn't TMN. But yes as of yesterday it reads Crave. And why are you going to file a complaint for? TMN just rebranded as Crave but we always had HBO Canada and TMN movies. So the only thing that's changed is they've added Cravetv content and renamed TMN as Crave. I've been a long subscriber to TMN for years back in early 90s when I started getting into movies. But yes it is different layout on your over but I've looked around on it and only thing I have a thing with is there's too many menu folders to go into different things so trying to figure out the movies from cravetv content is somewhat a bit disorganized I think on there but you just have to play around and look at each folder but there are some cool shows like Cheers which I've watched some episodes on yesterday. I'm wondering if the encore channels are going to disappear cause I read Starz is naming it in 2019 but is it going to be offered with former TMN Packages like I have had for years. Or is it going to be a separate thing people will have to add on