CraveTV coming to Rogers November 1st

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

CraveTV coming to Rogers November 1st

Hey guys!

Just noticed that Rogers will be including CraveTV with HBO & TMN. If you are already paying for HBO and TMN you won't be paying for CraveTV as per what Rogers has listen.

"Will this change the current price I pay for The Movie Network and HBO Canada?

No, CraveTV will be included in your subscription to The Movie Network + HBO Canada at no additional cost.

- How will I be able to watch CraveTV?

You can continue to watch TMN and HBO Canada as you do today. We will share more details on CraveTV programming and how you can watch it on November 1.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/crave?ecid=em-isrctvaw-rgrg10012018bn3&om_rid=Nt...

***Added Labels***

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: CraveTV coming to Rogers November 1st

So why are they keeping it's channel number a secret?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

The crave app on Ignite TV?

I've Been Here Awhile

No, the TV channel, but I screwed up.  I got the day right but the month wrong.  Thought the channel was supposed to be available today, not the first of next month.

My bad.  Forget I said anything

I'm a Reliable Contributor

It is also an App and can be added to Ignite TV, so it wouldn't surprize me if it was added.

No where in the announcement does it say it is a "channel".

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys!

At this moment there is no way of knowing if it will be the app or channel. It will most likely be both or just a channel added. Who knows. Also mind you Bell owns TMN and HBO rights. So them including it in the channel bundle will also let you log into the CraveTV app once it's been fully pushed out. ( Like how u go on the TMN app and watch movies with ur Rogers account information).

Wait until November 1st when Rogers shares more information on this.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've been notice since the beginning of summer that on channel 1311 (CRV28) there is what I think is an CraveTV channel (Comedy Cen S-Z). It's currently unsubscribe on my account. But it's the channel like that on my box, I'm guesting that they use that channel to test before adding the rest of the channel when the service launch. I checked yesterday (02 Oct), still no change, will check back later like I do regularly. I did found the complete list of those CraveTV channel online.

I'm from Acadian Peninsula, New-Brunswick.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Wow, this is the first thing that Rogers has done in a very long time that actually excites me.  My wife and I have been considering cutting the cord, or as an alternative, keep our nextbox 3 which we own, and getting only the CRTC required starter plan and adding HBO/TMN and two of the speciality networks we were considering running over an android box would be Netflix, Amazon Prime which we already have as we do lots of shopping and it was worth it for the free shipping alone, and Crave.

This may justify us keeping our current packages.

Things are certainly a changing in the TV media side of things with the success of Crave, it carrying active shows from other specialty over the air networks, and all the changes in over the air channels in the sports side of things - with IP based TV, it becomes very easy to add these things.

I just hope that it will be a channel on like Shomi was in the channel list and on demand, as I am not in any hurry to move to Ignite.

Nice to see a perk after so many others have been removed.

Bruce

I've Been Here Awhile

Do we all really think this will be a free addition? Yes Thank you...for now....but we will all slowly be paying for it down the line. Do we all not think that they/Rogers or any other cable companies are not researching ways to profit. We don't have much of a choice, but here is what I want to say. If I don't want Cravetv.... reduce my monthly fee....I 'm good without the freebie.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Pooch5150

You do realize that Bell owns HBO and TMN? CraveTV will be added to that subscription and will become a package of that. So you are e paying $19 a month for all 3... Bell controls the pricing of their own premium channels such as those. Rogers has no choice but to do what Bell and other broadcasters say. Rogers plays ball.

If you don't want CraveTV, then don't get it. No one is forcing you to get it and it's not a extra cost to you.

It seems many like to play the " if this channel doesn't benefit me, discount my plan ". If you pay for HBO and TMN then you get thag included. If you don't then don't worry and u won't be paying for it... There is no reason for them to give u a reduce monthly rate when you don't even have that channel o package ( if u don't). If you do its a freebie from Bell and Rogers. Take it or leave it.

Way to many people complaining now and days.....