Crave 1 HBO 1 & 2 not coming in as Dolby Digital

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Crave 1 HBO 1 & 2 not coming in as Dolby Digital

Hello - hoping someone might be able to shed some light on an issue we are having.  As we sat down to watch Game of Thrones on Sunday we noticed that our sound was not very good.  Our amp was showing linear PCM.  We were taping on another box and on playback it was the same.  Crave 1 and HBO 1 & 2 are doing this.  Crave 3 and many other stations are fine and coming through as Dolby Digital 5.1 and sound great.  I checked a recording I had from months ago when 301 was still the Movie Network and it was fine.  If it is an issue with our amp I would think all the stations would be like this.  Any ideas?  We have to watch on demand to get the proper sound.   Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

***Edited Labels***

Re: Crave 1 HBO 1 & 2 not coming in as Dolby Digital

Good evening @sharryan,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your first post! Smiley Happy

Game of Thrones definitely isn't the same without surround sound. It's odd that only a few channels aren't coming in as Dolby Digital. Have you tested a few programs on those channels to verify?

I know other channels are working, however, have you completed basic troubleshooting such as rebooting your NextBox, checking your HDMI or Optical cables, and settings on your receiver?

Has anyone else in the Community noticed any trouble? 

RogersTim

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Crave 1 HBO 1 & 2 not coming in as Dolby Digital

I checked just now and all the Crave and HBO channels are coming in as DD5.1.  There was even a GOT rerun on in DD5.1.  This is on a 9865 PVR, Digital Cable.

I do know that streaming may not have DD5.1 audio, if that's what you're doing, but I believe you stated you were using a Set top box/PVR.