Connecting Nextbox 3.0 To A VCR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Connecting Nextbox 3.0 To A VCR

Hello All,

Just a quick question, is there a way to connect the Nextbox 3.0 to a VCR  successfully and get a decent picture? I am not expecting it to be HD or anything, just good enough to watch back & save if I want to add to my collection.

I used the yellow, white & red 3 connectors, and it got me a picture & the sound, was able to record but the picture had tons of interference, not unwatchable but sort of annoying if it was something I would have liked to have kept.  I know obviously the Nextbox is a PVR, and it records & saves shows, but I was looking for something a little more permanent and being able to keep for personal use, and was hoping my VCR could still be useful in that way.

Anyways, hoping someone will help me or let me know what I can do to improve what I am attempting to do here.

Thanks very much in advance,

BigDaddyKC

***Edited labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Connecting Nextbox 3.0 To A VCR

Unfortunatly, I've never seen  VCR that has anything more than the 3 colour RCA cable connection.  So there really isn't a better connection you could use if you wanted to.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It's not Infront of me.. But I beleive the nb3 has hdmi, composite (red blue green), and the yellow composite.

That in general, should work... Possibly.

Most people don't realize though, that VCRs do have stuff built into them to detect copy protection on things. Prevented daisy chaining vcrs to pirate legit movies.
It's possible that the nb3 is outputting a form of CP that the VCR is picking up and scrambling. (I know they output HDCP on the HDMI)

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks guys, I appreciate your answers.  I taped a show Friday night via my VCR, jiggled the wires a bit, quality improved a little.  Looks like I will have to be satisfied with that for now. Thanks again! 🙂

BigDaddyKC

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah.. unfortunately as well.. its outputing an HD signal.. stepped down to SD... rather than just SD to begin with, which is what the VCR is more designed for.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just remember you can switch back to an NextBox 2.0 or a Scientific Atlanta box and plug the "cable out" to the VCR Smiley Tongue

nkgers | remember to leave a KUDO 😄
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, that is true.

But is it worth having the SLOWNESS of the NB2, for the sake of keeping a few things.

Guess each person has to make that call.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation