Connect DVD player to Rogers Box?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm New Here

Connect DVD player to Rogers Box?

Thank you in advance for helping.  This is my first time seeking some assistance.  Is there a way  to connect a dvd player ( no HDMI available on the device) directly to my rogers netbox pvr without going through my HDTV?  I look forward to hearing your responses.

thank you

***edited labels***

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Re: Connect DVD player to Rogers Box?

Welcome to the Community @Dre80 Smiley Happy

You wouldn't be able to connect your DVD player to the PVR, as the system is not designed for this. The only option is to connect your DVD player directly to your TV. May I ask why you would like to do this, is your TV short on inputs ? There may be an alternative solution for that.

I will tag in a few of our Resident Experts to chime in as well @Gdkitty @OLDYELLR @jimboden

RogersAsif

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Actually...Simple answer. Yes.
but depends on what you are attempting to do.
A By-pass video feed to the TV? then No.
as @RogersAsif stated.

Give me the DVD model and which nextbox pvr you have 2.0 or 3.0?
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Dre80 wrote:

Thank you in advance for helping.  This is my first time seeking some assistance.  Is there a way  to connect a dvd player ( no HDMI available on the device) directly to my rogers netbox pvr without going through my HDTV?  I look forward to hearing your responses.

thank you

***edited labels***

The Rogers box is not really a passthrough device, so the DVD player would essentially be useless if hooked up through the box.

The DVD player should be connected to the TV separatly.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Dre80 wrote:

thank you

***edited labels***

Exactly what is it you're trying to do? If you want to play DVDs, connect it to your TV. But if it's a DVD recorder you have and you want to save shows you've recorded on your PVR, there is a way.  The SA8300 even asks you if you want to record to VCR (same thing) when you go to delete a recording after watching it. I've done it lots of times. The newer PVRs are not as user friendly and you have to figure it out for yourself. You can search this forum. Here is a thread.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you have more HDMI devices than you have HDMI TV input ports, you could use an HDMI switch, which allows you to connect several HDMI devices to the switch, and then connect a single output HDMI cable from the switch to the TV.  Some of the switches come with remote control as well.  

You could also determine if any devices that you have can use an RGB cable set.  That also depends on the tv, which also has to have an RGB input port.  If so, that is one less HDMI connection that is needed.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I wouldnt put TOO much effort into the support of this..

I beleive i remember seeing, pretty much word for word, the SAME question asked before.

I am thinking this MAY be a spam probing bot, just checking to see if it can connect/log in.