Comparing Channel Lists and Packages

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Comparing Channel Lists and Packages

This is slightly off topic but if you want a 2016 printable Toronto Rogers channel guide, see this post.  Not an easy task making it but it's an improvement over my poor old Dad's 2009 version!  🙂

enjoy!

Darryl

I'm an Advisor

Hello all,

Rogers has updated their website - see: http://www.rogers.com/consumer/tv#/channels

You can now enter your postal code to filter to your area, click the Channels tab, and compare by package or genre.

@Gebs - excellent list, btw!

I Plan to Stick Around

Where is an easy to print off list of  channels for all the packages?

If you want to push the packages rather than the custom packages make it easier to make a decision. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Found the lists but not printable, the symbols show up empty or at least on my printers, why?  I could otherwise get a decent printoff. 

It should not be up to customers to make easy to print channel lists. Rogers should be making it easier not harder for their customers. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

You will never find a listing of the channel NUMBERS you're supposed to be receiving or any package you're contemplating getting.  Rogers stopped publishing that information years ago for some nefarious reason. All they'll give you is the channel name and graphic.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

On a similiar topic of the whole discussion of channel listings:

I recently spoke with loyalty as I am trying to find a way to reduce my costs by reducing my service types across the three typical bundled services - cable, Internet, and Home Phone.

We focused on the cable first, and he determined, that until my contract ends in October, I could drop from my VIP package to the Basic package resulting in savings, and more channels than currently offered in the new select plan.

I asked if there was anywhere I could find lists for VIP and Basic (I already knew the answer - not possible), so he said "no".

So here is what we are looking at doing - take our plan to Basic, so that we can see what channel mix we get and whether it satisfies us . It is funny to be told, you know you are going to lose a lot of channels - my answer, how would I really know what I am losing when there is no way to compare, and the reality is, "do I need all those NHL channels, team channels, TSN, Sportsnet channels when I don't even watch sports, except for my loved sports of cycling in Europe, darts, snooker, and golf, which I watch online".

So for me to learn what I am going to "lose", we will switch to Basic, then within the balance of the term, we can still move back up to VIP.  We can also switch within the previous Internet levels too, although again, no way to compare, but easier to get an answer - speed and cap please, and what modem.

So truly, they don't want us to be comparing packages of what we have to what we are switching to.  Kind makes it really difficult to be an educated consumer - but then again, I am not sure that is what they want, they want us to buy into all the marketing glitz of "simplifying packages", your contract is rate price increase, but when you go to address when your contract runs out, you will be paying full market price, no bundle discounts, and then when you try to change plans, you need to go through every detail of what you had, the prices for each type, what comes in the mix, do you pay for extra lines for cable, are you going to get a reduced modem on lower packages of Internet, what is the long distance package rates and feature options.

Know every detail of what you are getting now, and don't forget to ask about contract, cancellation fees, is it the whole package, or just Internet, etc.  It takes a long time, but keep asking the questions until you get the answers, write it all down, and get them to confirm it, get the name and ID number for the transaction.

By the way, I did an exercise with my wife to figure out what TV we watch first, by hiding all channels we don't use, then we looked at each tier that is currently marketed and turned off all channels not on the package and are now figuring out, do we really miss it, or was it just habit (call it addicted).

We are then going to go forward, asking for basic services, and then negotiate what channels we can get and who has the best deals.

Yes, for sure finding out the channel mix and channel numbers is a challenge and you can now see the channel list in a PDF for areas, and all channel names alphabetically with channel numbers (choose your postal code area), but none of it is easily printable or useable - they are not designed for us to be able to see our channel listings anymore, they are more for marketing between current in market packages.

And again, to make your life easier - do go through from settings and hide all channels you do not watch - you can still access them, they just aren't in the IPG.

Bruce

I'm an Advisor

Hello @BS,

Suggestion: If you find yourself watching a channel more than few minutes a few times per week, mark it as a favourite channel (via the Electronic Program Guide on your cable box).

After 1-2 weeks: You will have a very good idea of what channels you need, and which you don't.

Just a thought...

I Plan to Stick Around

That is a great idea, thanks.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Great idea - never thought of that - I have rarely used favourites, so completely forgot.  thanks, Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

Now Bruce, once you have completed your "favourite channels" list, how do you figure out which is the least expensive package that contains them all?