Comparing Channel Lists and Packages

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Comparing Channel Lists and Packages

My current package is listed on my bill as Extended Basic for $60.73, with Digital Services Fee of $2.99.  The package does not seem to exist any more and I was thinking of switching to another package, potentially to save a bit of money.

I was wondering if there was a handy chart or tool to compare the channels I have currently in this Extended Basic package to the Digital Basic, Digital Plus and VIP Packages.  Which channels would be the same?  I can't seem to find a place to compare the channels of the current packages either.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Comparing Channel Lists and Packages

I had this package, and switched to the Digital VIP and noticed an immediate savings on my bill. The Digital Services fee was included in the price too.

Hope This Helps

I've Been Here Awhile

How would you be saving?  My current plan of Extended Basic + Digital Fee comes up to $63.72.

I just tried adding that VIP Package on Rogers site and it comes up to $63.99 and the Digital Fee is still $2.99 on top of that so it would come up to $66.98.

Do you get more channels on the VIP compared to Extended Basic?  Or would it be equivalent to Digital Plus?

I've Been Here Awhile

i had the same package and just upgraded a couple weeks ago,have alot more channels than i had before

I'm Here A Lot

the list of channels by package and by province is in their website -

https://www.rogers.com/web/link/ptvBrowsePackagesFlowBegin?forwardTo=landing

click on any of the packages listed and the box will expand, then click on see more channels - the list of SD and HD are all listed there - also you can go to the detail page of the packages and find the same list

This is the page for ON VIP:

https://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_windowLabel=PTV_PROG_PACKAGE_PTV_pkgs&PTV_PROG_...

click see all channels included.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for that.  I had found those listings before but I was looking more for a chart that lists the channels down the left side, the package names on the top and checkmarks to directly compare the packages instead of looking at individual lists.

Kinda like how this chart is set up:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/compare

I'm an Enthusiast

According to this list and the package I have, we should be receiving channel 44 the Comedy Network East Channel. As of last night we're no longer receiving it. Does Rogers arbitrarily remove channels or is this a technical glitch?
I'm a Senior Advisor

Rogers is in the process of converting analog channels to digital. Some stations have already been lost and more will be lost in the future if you only have an analog connection. Rogers will provide you with a digital adapter free of charge in order to continue receiving these channels. Check the link below.

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=DTA_ORDER&_nfls=true&setLanguage=en&_f...

I'm an Enthusiast

So the left hand seems not to know what the right hand is doing. The channel list provided by Rogers says I should be getting 44 but I'm not. I notice that 49 and 52 are both gone from the list though they were available a couple of months ago. Wonderful.
To get the channels I'm already paying for I have to install a DTA, minimum. It's free now, but for how long? What other disadvantages are there to having a DTA? I've heard it really limits your recording of programmes.
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Cap07 wrote:
So the left hand seems not to know what the right hand is doing. The channel list provided by Rogers says I should be getting 44 but I'm not. I notice that 49 and 52 are both gone from the list though they were available a couple of months ago. Wonderful.
To get the channels I'm already paying for I have to install a DTA, minimum. It's free now, but for how long? What other disadvantages are there to having a DTA? I've heard it really limits your recording of programmes.

The conversion to digital has to be considered a good thing. The downside though is having to use equipment provided by Rogers. There are many issues reported with the DTA, including losing the ability to record on one channel while watching another using your VCR tuner. You will also not be able to pre-schedule multiple recordings on different channels. Smiley Frustrated

I agree with your comment about it being free now, but for how long? I remember the days when we first subscribed to Rogers Internet and there was no charge for the modem. At some point, rental fees were introduced and they have gradually been creeping upwards. So while the DTA is free right now, I can see Rogers charging for these in another year or two down the road. 

This link might provide some further info on the DTA.

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=search&setLanguage=en&setProvince=QC&N...

As for other problems, a Google search revealed too many links to post here! Smiley Wink