Comparing Channel Lists and Packages

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Comparing Channel Lists and Packages

maybe they will keep it free, maybe they wont, maybe the price of fruit at the super market will stay the same, maybe it will go up, maybe the cost of gas will go up, maybe it will stay the same? no one knows for sure, we can all guess, but to worry about it and to loose sleep over it is not worth it, everything in this world changes. we just need to accept it and move forward with life. and just remember, as of right now, yes its free.

I'm an Enthusiast

@Cap07 wrote:
So the left hand seems not to know what the right hand is doing. The channel list provided by Rogers says I should be getting 44 but I'm not. I notice that 49 and 52 are both gone from the list though they were available a couple of months ago. Wonderful.
To get the channels I'm already paying for I have to install a DTA, minimum. It's free now, but for how long? What other disadvantages are there to having a DTA? I've heard it really limits your recording of programmes.

False alarm! The Comedy Network (Ch 44) reappeared last night. Curious. Maybe they heard me complain...Smiley Very Happy

Cable. You gotta love it. Oh well. No DTA for me just yet then. If I wait long enough, maybe the technology gods will step in and eliminate the need for a DTA.Man LOL

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Cap07 wrote:

@Cap07 wrote:
So the left hand seems not to know what the right hand is doing. The channel list provided by Rogers says I should be getting 44 but I'm not. I notice that 49 and 52 are both gone from the list though they were available a couple of months ago. Wonderful.
To get the channels I'm already paying for I have to install a DTA, minimum. It's free now, but for how long? What other disadvantages are there to having a DTA? I've heard it really limits your recording of programmes.

False alarm! The Comedy Network (Ch 44) reappeared last night. Curious. Maybe they heard me complain...Smiley Very Happy

Cable. You gotta love it. Oh well. No DTA for me just yet then. If I wait long enough, maybe the technology gods will step in and eliminate the need for a DTA.Man LOL

Only way that would happen.. is if ALL The tv and device manufacturers with tuners in them, descided 100% on one standard and provided the same sort of 'decoding' stuff in them, that say a rogers decoding key could be entered in so they could do it themselves.... possible? Yes.. but not likely 😛

I'm an Enthusiast

Going back and looking at the incredibly long list of channels that most people never watch. Who pays Rogers/Bell to broadcast all this dreck? The CRTC should mandate that 1-30 have all the most popular channels and if you want any of the rest of the "special interest" channels, you pay. Simple.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

one thing to look at with it.. rogers doesnt own all the channels, right?  Many, weither popular or not, are owned by other companies, that rogers just pays for and airs the feeds.

With some stuff.. it could be.. lets say for example Bell.. bell will say "Yes, we will let you air this station when you pay for it.. but to get it, you also have to buy and air station X, Y, Z as well

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Airing them and packaging them are two different things. One of the reasons some channels only a few viewers want are packaged with popular ones is economic. The less popular channels would not be viable if they had to stand on their own. Another reason is some are mandated to be available to all subscribers by the CRTC. For instance, here in Ottawa we get a bunch of French channels that probably the majority of the population never watch.

I know the frustration. I rarely watch anything beyone channel 60, but in order to get one channel (99) that wanted I had to subscribe to a larger package and get a digital box.
I've Been Around

what are the numbers of the channels in the Basic plan that are available in Toronto.

What package do I have to take to get BBC and CNN

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If your talking BASIC BASIC tv, they are not listed.  Only digital basic is listed.

BBC, is available in the DIGITAL PLUS package.
Or you can add it on by itself for 2.79

CNN, you need to have DIGITAL PLUS package.. you cant buy it seperately.

I've Been Around

My digital services fee is 2.99, but the first item in monthly charges says "Digital Pl

us" and is 61 dollars. Do you hapen to know what it is? Do you have it too?

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@ns2 wrote:

My digital services fee is 2.99, but the first item in monthly charges says "Digital Pl

us" and is 61 dollars. Do you hapen to know what it is? Do you have it too?

Digital Plus is the first step up from Basic Cable. I see Rogers prices it at $63.99/ month, which would be the $61 plus the $2.99 digital service fee you quote. Sometimes the digital service fee is a separate item included on your bill, sometimes it's hidden and you pay it anyway. Makes little sense to even talk about it now that cable in most areas is now all digital, but I guess it's like the touch tone fee on your landline even though it's mandatory and you can't opt out.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats