Closed captioning appearing on Rogers related commercials

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Closed captioning appearing on Rogers related commercials

@edhovanec : The link in your quoted part of the post works just fine for me.  Make sure you've not blocked pop-ups, or are using any extensions like adblockers, etc in your browser.

The link that you provided in your text has "9c" at the front and will not work.  If you remove the 9c, you should have the www address properly.

I Plan to Stick Around

The only reason there is a 9c at the front is that I inserted a double quote mark to indicate this came from Rogers. I copy and pasted from the original Rogers message  and repeatedly, the alert message came up.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@edhovanec : The original link works fine for me and takes me to a chat popup.  I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you. Have you tried a different browser, or Chrome Incognito, making sure not to have active extensions or pop-ups blocked.

Perhaps you can use the appropriate contact us link:

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/support/contactus

I Plan to Stick Around

If you re-read my post, you'll see the alert states this is not a "valid E-MAIL address." I had no indication the information given by Rogers was not an e-mail address, so copied and pasted it into an e-mail form.

I could been hoping that this was the case and not directions to a chat site, because I have absolutely no desire to subject myself to that mind-numbing frustration anymore.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@edhovanec wrote:

... so copied and pasted it into an e-mail form.

Rogers hasn't corresponded via e-mail in several years. The various ways of contact are available in the contact us link that I provided, which indicates chat, FB, Twitter, posts and PMs here on the forum, along with specific phone numbers, etc.

I Plan to Stick Around

Not going to get distracted and career off into the weeds about feedback platforms and processes. Prefer not to use FB and especially Twitter. Rogers E-MAILS me to inform me about Community Mailer updates, so they absolutely communicate in that fashion.

Let's get back to the subject of my post, -- closed captioning. Rogers claims the problem is solved, when clearly it's not. I don't need to tell them that, they can see it for themselves. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@edhovanec wrote:

Rogers E-MAILS me to inform me about Community Mailer updates, so they absolutely communicate in that fashion.

Yeah, they send e-mails, but they don't correspond that way for customer service issues, which is what we're talking about here.  Yes, they know about the issue and they should be able to fix it without further effort on your part.  I do find that if you use the "share a concern" link, they will usually either fix the issue or get back to you via phone.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern (below live chat)

I don't use Twitter or FB either, but I mentioned them because some people do.

I don't watch commercials, so the fact that there are CC on them wouldn't really bother most people.  Yeah, it's not right, but is it really something worth getting upset about?

I Plan to Stick Around

Are you lecturing me?

I'm a Senior Advisor

@edhovanec wrote:

Not going to get distracted and career off into the weeds about feedback platforms and processes. Prefer not to use FB and especially Twitter. Rogers E-MAILS me to inform me about Community Mailer updates, so they absolutely communicate in that fashion

I'm on Facebook and don't blame you for not succumbing to it. It's a huge time waster. Twitter is even worse, which is why I don't do that. I truly deplore Rogers' abandoning email as a mode of communication.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@edhovanec wrote:

Are you lecturing me?

No, sorry if I came across that way.  I hope your issue is soon resolved.