Closed caption with new Nextbox navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Closed caption with new Nextbox navigator

Thank you for the information and letting us know about the AODA.  I personally, like many here have already contacted the CRTC in which Rogers did contact me with a promise that a temporay fix will happen in April and a permanent fix will happen.

I'm an Advisor

@KWoo wrote:
Thanks corgi998. I knew how to turn it on watching live tv......assumed it would be the same for recorded shows! Just have to remember to turn it on while live before switching to something on the pvr. Appreciate the assistance.

Actually there is a way to do it while a recorded program is playing.

It was found recently by one of us, and is outlined in detail a few pages back.

Basically, you hit guide then info and go down to cc on/off.

None of this is very intuitive. A key dedicated to cc on/off would be ideal. 

I'm sure there are some mostly unused keys on the remote that could be put to that use.

See:

Also, The mods would do everyone a favour if they would respond directly to those who ask and post on this topic rather than sitting passively by.

PLEASE READ THE 2nd LINE of the MODERATORS TAG LINE. below/

We will try to answer questions and direct etc..

I'm Here A Lot

The problem is, this has been going on for nearly a year, I also wrote the CRTC and Rogers has been more then aware about it for months, Since the update to the nextbox new software aka navigator , it has been an issue, in my mind, why pay for something that is not working..... people should speak up and demand a refund to his/her cable bill...... April a temp fix after waiting since Jan, and june a perm fix after waiting since Jan, and some since July of last year, is not good enough, and people should be compenstated accordingly.

I'm Here A Lot

the issue at hand for most though is some channels recorded CC , aka CTV, GLOBAL, CBC.... comes up in gibberish language and has been for nearly a year, and even more so since the new navigator software being push thru......  people need to step up to the CRTC and Rogers, and say it's a violation of someone who is deaf/hard of hearing basic right to CC........ This has to stop and they need to take our complaint more serious

I Plan to Stick Around

Adding my voice to this disgusting treatment by Rogers by shirking its responsibility to the hearing impaired community to provide a service that works.

Shame on you Rogers and all of your employees for not taking this issue seriously

I am also contacting Tim Hortons who sponsors said closed captioning and let's see what they think of paying for something that does not work

I Plan to Stick Around

Global News.jpgYesterday's CC during Global News Live broadcast.

Not impressed!

I Plan to Stick Around

I sent in a complaint to the CRTC

I then received a call from " The Office of the President" (which in itself is a joke and a comment on how Rogers thinks it can fool its customers with such an official sounding call, could I ever speak to the President of Rohers...well of course not) who wanted all of the details of the issues I am having, this to give at least an appearance that they care.

Please Rogers Employees, do not try to talk down or think people are stupid enough to fall for this load of Corporate Propaganda.

He told me they have a fix, I said well what is taking so long, he said they have limited times to update the software, I said you seem to update mine every few days, stopping my recordings when doing so, he said I do not want to argue, I said yes that is because Rogers does not care about people with disabilites, he said not true, I said then fix this issue.

I have resubmitted my complaint to the CRTC since they did not seem to say if or when the issues will be fixed copied below

"I was contacted by someone from Rogers Cable.

They admitted to the issue and say they are working on it, in fact they know the cause. This has been going on for over 8 months and they are not taking the situation seriously, they are spending all of their time and energy making these phone calls which are nothing more than "lip service" to make it appear they are going to resolve this. The excuses are they have limited time to do update, well my PVR is updated almost every other day so this is not a good reason."

They are failing to comply with the regulations regarding Closed Captioning and should be held accountable

I Plan to Stick Around

The CRTC is now going to ask Rogers to respond, I just cannot let this go.

BTW

The Rogers guy from the Office of The President, assured me this does not happen on Live TV only recorded shows... of course it does!

Also, why does the thread title say this is solved when clearly it is not?

I'm a Senior Advisor

@deeplakes wrote:

Unfortunately the forum allows anyone to mark a post as a solution if they feel their concern has been addressed. Clearly, the dysfunctional closed captining has not been fixed. The moderators can easily remove the solved tag if they're paying attention and wish to do so.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm an Advisor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

@deeplakes wrote:

Unfortunately the forum allows anyone to mark a post as a solution if they feel their concern has been addressed. Clearly, the dysfunctional closed captining has not been fixed. The moderators can easily remove the solved tag if they're paying attention and wish to do so.

And if their job here is about keeping things "true" and "honest"

Rogers knows what the problem is, but is taking forever to fix it!

To help get them off their dupas, when a recorded CC does not work, I send a note to the CC sponsor know that their support and $ are wasted thx the Rogers.