Closed caption with new Nextbox navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Closed caption with new Nextbox navigator

@lee101 wrote:..I changed cc1 to cc2. could that be  it?

Change it back to CC1, just in case.  It may take a few seconds for CC to start on any particular programme, so be patient. Also, some programming doesn't have CC, so change the channel if you don't see it.  CP24 usually has CC on their programming (commercials may or may not have CC).

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Yes, marginally better - but why not go back to the Info button that used to bring up the CC option immediately?

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, I see we still have the workarounds to access CC across the components of the box - PVR recordings, On demand, and live viewing.  Yes, it would make sense that the info button did the same thing across all feature sets.  I recall we were advised back a number of months ago, we could expect that fix sometime in summer.

The current workaround was first reported by @park I think - I passed it to someone after my wife found it and pointed it out to me - I had left the board at that point and asked that it be passed on.

Bruce

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I just had box replaced today due to a malfunction, I have found out how to turn on subtitles but they are very slow and far behind the narriation on the tv. My old box was the same speed as the tv, anyway to adjust some settings to make them a bit faster or just so they are at the same speed?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The latest upgrade to Navigatr has just made things worse. Activating or deactivating closed captioning now takes 7 presses, not 6. And if I choose to view my recordings as a text List instead of Grid with pictures, I actually see FEWER recordings on screen. And all keypresses respond even slower now.  Bah.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jjmartin:

FYI, it only takes 3 clicks if you are watching a recording.  Info, select, exit.

Here's a summary of positives/negatives with the new navigatr.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So now I have to remember TWO different ways to change CC, depending on whether I'm watching a recording or not. This is NOT an improvement.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Closed Caption wont turn on

Hello,

I followed this link on how to turn on CC

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/HowTo/thread-id/92.

When I select INFO nothing happens, the banner doesn't appear on the screen. I pressed

MORE and Enable, still nothing.

There's also a CC menu in Settings. Do I need to do anything there?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Go to settings and check to see if you have the proper setting for captioning: click on cc1 then close. Make sure you click on "cable" on remote then try again.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Jorg:

Here are a few comments:

1. Not all programming has CC. Switch to CP24 as a test since it almost always has CC available.  It may take a few seconds for CC to start and may or may not be present for some commercials.

2. If you're watching a recording, enabling/disabling CC is much easier now, requiring only 3 button presses -  “Info – Enable/disable  CC - exit”

3. When watching live TV it takes 7-8 steps like before, the "Info" - scroll up to "More" - scroll up to enable (or disable) CC - exit - exit should work.  Again, make sure you're on a programme that contains CC and wait a few seconds.

Here's a useful link:  http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/61-rogers-cable-tv-hd-pvr-discussion/202473-cisco-9865-nb3-0-also-nb...