Closed caption with new Nextbox navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Re: Closed caption with new Nextbox navigator

It indeed does look like CC works at least for the programs we watch  e.g. Big Bang.

On TVO sometimes the cc writes right over itself, i.e. everything  goes on the same line.

That may be an error by the CCer, not Rogers, I I recall it used to happen sometimes back in the pre Navi

days.

I think its interesting that Rogers was able to fix a problem, 9 months later, after some of us of had our PVRs infected with Navi, last July.    9 months... hmmm..

BTW: I see Rogers hinglights this as an upgrade in the main thread about Navi, while not mentioning in this thread about cc.   Brilliant!

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

CC was completely missing from 2 recording of  Wheel of Fortune on Monday !

Wife records it twice, YesTV and CBS, cause somtimes its preempted on one or the other some live sports program.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

This just worked for me after trying all the other suggestions mentioned.
Hope CC sticks around when I change channels
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm so glad it is working for you Lee.  It really was a pain in the butt.  Enjoy being able to record again with the CC.  It did stick around for me.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

This is only a work around. Rogers needs to put back the previous system where you could access closed captions while pausing a recorded program. Going all the way back to a "live" screen is time consuming and, when you turn cc on, you again have to find your wau back to the program you were watching.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dexter394444:

Please see the following link, which was also provided earlier in this thread. You do not need to go to live TV to use the instructions in the link.  You can do it from recordings or in On-Demand, or live.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

Here are the instructions from that link:

Press "Guide" - "Info" - up arrow twice - you are presented with the option to turn CC on or off. Looks like you can also do language options (and DV) in that menu if applicable.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have no problem turning CC on or off while watching a recorded program, whether it's paused or not. If I don't hear something right, I rewind a few seconds, pause, turn CC on (the usual 7 button presses) then resume.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

The cc  did not stick around for me. I had it for one night on both live and recorded programs but now I can't get it at all. I justs signed up for two years and got my first PVR and a new remote,(the one with the INFO button in place of the FAV button.(modelURC2125BC0-8x) small printing?Before I got it by

Guide

Info(then more)

click down to turn cc on

Exit(which went back to the guide)

Exit and I had the cc on

But now when I push Exit after turn cc on it goes back to the live progam and does not go back to the guide  no cc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Could I use my old remote 1056BO3

and get  closed captions?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@lee101

Does exit work properly in other areas of the guide or menu? Try a reboot if exit appears to be working.  Of course if it's easier to try an extra old remote you have lying around, you can try that first.

"click down to turn cc on".  Note that it's fewer clicks if you go up, rather than down, as mentioned in my previous post.  It's called "wraparound" and works on a lot of the menu/guide functionality, but not on everything.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank You for response. I am embarrased because after a week of trying I think I got it. For me it was I misinterpreted  the " turn cc on"  and changed it to:turned

cc off" and Exit went back to guide and Exit  went live tv and cc was on.  and for recorded programs too. I am reluctant to to go back again and check whether

it reads turn cc off, One other thing I changed cc1 to cc2. could that be  it?

I post this only to say: dont give up and I respect the help available here.