Nice to know that CC problem is solved for some users. Recorded TVO tonight had very spotty incomplete captions as has been the case since new interface was introduced and recorded CTV still had those indecipherable flashes of garbled letters.
Are some of you who seem to find the problem solved doing something different?
Wanted to update my previous findings - I have tested CC functionality on a NextBox 3 (9865) connected to my TV via HDMI, and:
- Watched recorded copy of "DCs Legends of Tomorrow" (CTV) , and still getting flashes of garbled letters.
- Watched recorded copy of "Mom" (City), and closed captioning worked fine.
Not sure if this is a bad HDMI cable, as I am seeing the same issue on 3 of my cable boxes (all connected with HDMI).
Note that closed captions on "DC's Legends of Tomorrow" (CTV) appear correctly when:
(1) I connect my cable box to the TV using component (HD) video connection (link).
(2) I connect my cable box to the TV using composite (SD) video connection (link).
(3) I view the broadcast "Over the Air" (OTA) using my Viewsat 9000 HD terminal connected to my TV via component video.
(4) I view the program using my 8300HD (running SARA software), connected via HDMI, Component, Composite or coaxial (RF).
From my testing, this appears to be a software problem with Navigatr when connected to a TV using HDMI. I reported my findings to Rogers and was told the issue was escalated, but I have not heard back from anyone.
I am sorry to read about the AMC channel but agree it is a huge improvement.
I have just checked newly recorded programs on Global, CTV, and AMC. On all three the CC that was shown on the live programs was also showing correctly on the recorded programs. That's a big deal for us.
Last night, I watched a few old recorded series that were not showing the CC after Navigatr was originally downloaded. The CC is now showing on those old recorded shows.
I hope the CC will soon be working for everyone. Very happy that it is working for us, again. Just going to send a note off to the rep at Rogers to thank him for keeping his word regarding a temporary fix by the end of April.
I still don't get cc on the recorded programs from AMC. So I don't see the fix working. Rogers has been woefully slow addressing this issue.
Did you try contacting the CRTC. You will should get a reply back and a timeline of when it will be fixed in your area. I am in the Scarborough/Pickering area.