Closed caption with new Nextbox navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Closed caption with new Nextbox navigator

There is another issue with CC during Live broadcast that may not have been addressed. Not only some broadcasts have "broken" CC (see the enclosed screenshots in my previous posts) but there have been several instances where the CC does not appear at all with the Nextbox 3.0. For example, over the weekend, I was watching David Blane: Real or Magic on CMT (Ch 38 in Ajax) and the CC was missing. I checked my other HD box and couple DTA50 boxes and the CC was working just fine.

I have serious doubt that the promised fix will rectify all these CC problems particularly when Rogers will not even acknowledge that the CC problems also include Live broadcast.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I think that you probably should have had a chance to go hands on before forcing us into this  new system. In my opinion, Rogers "Navigator" is one big step backwards!

I'm Here A Lot

Way too many steps to put on the CC!
I've Been Around

Thank you.
I Plan to Stick Around

Wow, I actually had closed caption on a program I recorded on CTV2 yesterday when I went to watch it this morning.   I will do a test on CTV and Global to see if it worked this morning.

Thank you if this is finally fixed as promised for the end of April.

I Plan to Stick Around

I check all the stations I wasn't getting the CC on and it is now working...and the previous programs I had recorded before they did the upgrade to the Navigatr now has the CC back on it too.  Thank you finally.

I Plan to Stick Around

It is finally fixed! Talk about taking it to the wire for the end of April, but it is fixed.
I Plan to Stick Around

@laura52 wrote:

Wow, I actually had closed caption on a program I recorded on CTV2 yesterday when I went to watch it this morning.   I will do a test on CTV and Global to see if it worked this morning.

Thank you if this is finally fixed as promised for the end of April.

Just did a quick check and it seems to be workng for us now, too.  I will look at it more thoroughly this evening, but just checked some of the older recorded programs that were not showing CC - now they are.  Yeah!!!

I Plan to Stick Around

Like you Cush, all the programming from the older programs that were recorded and saved from before the new Navigatr are back too and they told me they wouldn't be able to get them back. So thank goodness it is finally fixed.
I Plan to Stick Around

@laura52 wrote:
Like you Cush, all the programming from the older programs that were recorded and saved from before the new Navigatr are back too and they told me they wouldn't be able to get them back. So thank goodness it is finally fixed.

I am really happy to see that the older recordings now have CC.  We hadn't watched a couple of series because without CC we couldn't understand enough of the dialogue.   Still have them saved though. 

I tried a Global recording today, and the CC seemed to work on the recorded program.

However, I also recorded a movie on AMC this afternoon after watching a few minutes live to make sure there was CC on the live program.  Unfortunately - no CC on the recorded program.  

Still this is a big improvement.  I am hoping AMC is the only channel left with the problem. 

I will spend some more time checking CTV and Global tomorrow.