Closed caption with new Nextbox navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Closed caption with new Nextbox navigator

And did you remember the stiff drink? Smiley Happy

Cush
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the CRTC link.  I have filed a complaint with the CRTC regarding Rogers failure to provide CC for MOST recorded programs.  I urge anyone who is following this particular forum to lodge a complaint, as well.  Rogers is apparently ignoring customers.  Perhaps they will be more responsive to complaints filed with the CRTC.  Many, many years ago I had Ted's email address.  After trying to resolve an  issue with Rogers that went on for months, I emailed Ted.  The issue was resolved that day.  It is unfortunate that Ted is no longer there to remind them that customers are important.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I recomend anyone who has hearing issues, who is part of any organization like CHS.. to pressure CHS to get involved in contacting the CRTC and contacting rogers
May get resolved a little quicker with the biger organizations putting the pressure as well.

burwell
I'm Here A Lot

I know it's a nuisance for each individual , but perhaps a mass migration to Bell or whatever alternative service available would get their attention. I am appalled at the cavalier silence from Rogers about this issue. No apologies, no progress reports on fixes in the works, no acknowledgement that anything is amiss, and no offers of compensation for the nuisance their so-called "improvement" has caused their customers.

Cush
I Plan to Stick Around

This is a portion of the message I received back from the CRTC.

Thank you for contacting us to express your concerns about closed captioning with Rogers.

In light of your concerns, I am sending a copy of your message to Rogers Communications Canada Inc., and asking the licensee to respond directly to you within 20 calendar days and to provide a copy of their reply to us for review. Should the review by CRTC staff conclude that further regulatory action is required, we will notify you.

I will keep you updated here on this thread.  The more people who take the time to register a complaint with the CRTC, the more likely we are to have a resolution to this CC issue.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Good for you @Cush  Do let us know of the outcome - I have done this on a couple of issues, some successful, some not, but at least at a minimum, we do learn what areas are regulated for we the customer's benefit and that we have a recourse to deal with it.  Those of us who have hearing or visual disabilities do have legal rights around customer service and provision of services - both CRTC and AODA.

Thanks for taking this forward - let us know the outcome - hopefully it will get some reasonable results.

Bruce

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

On this whole rollout, and a number of issues in other areas that have arisen over the last year, this seems to be the non-response we have come to expect - how to destroy a reputation, when the industry is in the middle of figuring out where to go.  We could work with them to develop ideas for new products, but no, this response was to just put it out there, hope for the best and hope that it doesn't increase the already falling customer subscriptions.

I just wish I hadn't had so many difficult experiences with the other ones.

I am waiting for now to see where the 2nd tier providers are going to take things when the CRTC rulings around pick and pay are implemented by end of 2016, and the requirement soon this year that the big players must provide access to the high speed fibe networks to the 2nd tier providers and what the cost and reliability will be with those services.

I have some time to wait.  The impact on user numbers of this rollout will be playing out for a while, I suspect.

And there is also the ever growing number of internet based services that keep growing with every day.

Bruce

rudyriedl
I've Been Here Awhile

This works for some channels but not all. Recorded shows from Global for example won't show cc even when it is on with the live channel.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@rudyriedl wrote:

This works for some channels but not all. Recorded shows from Global for example won't show cc even when it is on with the live channel.

Just to be clear, Global does show CC for recorded shows, just not when using Navigatr. Probably related to other reports of CC being garbled.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
park
I'm an Advisor

My big CC big test will be tonight @ 8 PM.

Set to record BIG BANG on both NB3s (two separate feeds, one gets a stronger signal than the other)

on CTV and CBS and will watch live as well.

Will report back on which the CC gets garbled.

Live-LL   Live-BR   PVR-LL  PVR-BR

CTV       ?             ?             ?             ?

CBS       ?             ?             ?             ?

@57  You probobly know more about CC and how it works than anyone else here.

Might the CC garbling have something to do with the way the channnel broadcasts i.e. 720p  or 1080i

and how Rogers Cable and Rogers boxes then compact/compress these signals ?