Closed caption with new Nextbox navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Closed caption with new Nextbox navigator

Yeah..

Seems it works on SOME.. but not others..

Its definately a BUG with the current system.. 

HOPEFULLY they can fix it soon.

I've Been Here Awhile

I found the CC on and off... it's buried deep on the right when you select a show (sometimes under "More"). Not at all handy. Any chance there is or will be a shortcut?

I'm an Advisor

@smiff wrote:

I found the CC on and off... it's buried deep on the right when you select a show (sometimes under "More"). Not at all handy. Any chance there is or will be a shortcut?

GREAT QUESTION.We have been asking for a fix since July.

Rogers has yet to acknowledge that is even a problem.

One workaround suggested by @57 is to use  the SETTING for the cc function. Set it to something other than cc1 when want to turn cc off. Saves a few strokes esp. with recorded programs.

His tip verbatum:

Tip:  One workaround mentioned elsewhere is to invoke CC on live TV, go into Settings for CC and select "T1" as the type of CC. T1 is rarely used and CC will (probably) not show. When you want to see CC in your recordings, you can press "Settings - CC - CC1".  When you want to "turn off" CC, go to Settings - CC - T1.  Still kludgy, but a lot fewer clicks and can be done without leaving your recording

I'm Here A Lot

you should not have to do it in live TV first, or go out and hit 13 buttons just to get the CC working, it drives the people who are not hard of hearing in my house hold bonkers that it's more confusing to turn off when i'm not using it, so i always now make sure I turn it off for them, it use to be so easy

I Plan to Stick Around

Neither work for shomi or ROD.
I Plan to Stick Around

Never eorked for me.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

This is not a good set up because it should be able to be set up from recorded programs as well. That's a bit ridiculous. Come on Rogers - you should make it convenient for all of your viewers.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While i never used it.. i couldnt 100% confirm..

I am not sure that shomi or RoD necessarily had it before?

I could be wront.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have the NB3 Box with new Navigator and basic cable (2-28 and some others).

@

What box do you have?

Does CC work on live TV?

@arobitu

CC definetly worked on RoD and Shomi before Navigator and works for me now.

I really only seem to have trouble with CTV (and any affiliates) programs and some TVO. the rest all seems to work but keep in mind I only have basic cable.

I've Been Here Awhile

Who decided to say this was solved? We just got the Navigatr and same problem - shows taped on PVR do NOT show the cc...regardless of how the settings are set. The "info" button suggestion - thank you - was helpful for live TV but we use PVR to avoid live TV (and skip commercials). Now, the cc that used to show on these scheduled shows are not..or blink random letters like a strobe light! I am adding my comment in hopes the problem stays open until really resolved.