Closed caption with new Nextbox navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Re: Closed caption with new Nextbox navigator

@JW86

If you stop watching the recording i.e. go live, and do the cc "happy dance" listed on page 3 above and then try to find your recording again (actually that part is easy, one thing they actually did right) and resume watching you recording with cc enabled.  

I have not heard if anything has changed in the new Navigatr 2 version.

However, apparently they have even messed up the 2 hit toggle between fav/guide so that it now useless!

There are 2 separate keys, but Rogers has now have managed to mess up both !

Why not make fav = favouties always and guide = guide always if you wansa "fix" something that wowas qyuite eleant and did not need any fixing!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Love your 2nd solution...pressing info and shuffling across the symbols 'till you see 'CC'.
So easy-love it!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Well toronto just got the roll out today, and I have to say i'm on the phone ready to give ROGERS an earful as a deaf person, they are in violation of the AODA ACT of ontario, the CC sucks, it only works on LIVE TV and not Recorded TV, there was no issues with the previous version of software.... I am extremely fusterated by this....! Now I have to annoy my neighbours being hard of hearing by turning the TV volume louder as the CC will not work, right to go ROGERS for not taking into consideration people who are hard of hearing/deaf/blind!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Hi @mathieuwarren

I think CC does work with recorded programs, but Rogers messed up the programming for the manner in which you turn it on.

I SAID I THINK CC DOES WORK ...  ....   🙂  Sorry.  Deaf joke.   He he he he.

But as far as I know, CC still does work for most of us - even in recorded material, BUT - you have to be in live TV mode to turn on the CC.  After you turn it on in live TV mode, then when you go back into your recorded program - it SHOULD work - or at least that's what everybody else has been noticing.

Good luck.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

We are having the same problem. It used to take about 3 "buttons" to turn CC on or off. With Navigatr you must stop the recorded program and go to a live station. Then access CC by scrolling down the list at the right of the INFO screen to MORE then scrolling to the bottom and turning CC on or off.  This takes 14 "buttons" to access.

I hope Rogers can come up with a better way of doing this!!!!!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Call and open a ticket and add on to mine I'm waiting to hear back by Tuesday call the text support and say someone else on a forum quoted this ticket with the same problem. Ref: C107308528
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

There have been replies about being able to turn on CC when watching live TV.  But not with recorded shows (?) . 

Would someone in Rogers please take note of this and ask them to update their programming. 

We should have the option, as in the past, to be able to turn on and off CC without having to watch a whole program with the CC on (ie setting up on live TV before watching the show).

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Unfortunately not a solution for recorded shows. I hope they fix that option soon.  Would like the option to click CC on and off without having to watch a whole show on CC.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@cly001 wrote:

Unfortunately not a solution for recorded shows. I hope they fix that option soon.  Would like the option to click CC on and off without having to watch a whole show on CC.

We've been asking for CC fixes since July.  So far nothing.
A dedicated cc key like every TV remote already does would be ideal.

FYI You can stop the recorded show, do the cc happy dance to turn it onoff, then click LIST  to find your recorded show again and click RESUME. 

ANOTHER REASON TO GET US BACK TO WHERE WE WERE AFTER CLICKING LIST.

This was PROBABLY THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT THE JULY 28 Version.

I've Been Around

Cly this isn't about turning it off this is about being able to turn it on and off for deaf people while watching it in recorded tv they took it from a simple as three clicks of a button to 14 clicks of
A button and menus and harder to find