Closed caption with new Nextbox navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Closed caption with new Nextbox navigator

glad that cc is working for you. Now if they can create a list of programs that we have set to tape for the day (as it was before), that would be a lot easier to find out if anything has been missed. All the best
I Plan to Stick Around

I completely agree, corgi998

I've Been Around

Your comment:

Situation: ridiculous. Further proof that Navigatr was not tested properly.

Further proof of poor design.

wins understatement of the year. I could not agree with you more. The design is amateurish and clumsy. I was already upset with Android for the terrible operating system they upgraded me to but, at least, they gave me the choice. Had I read the reviews on line I would not have allowed the upgrade. So some of that is my fault. Rogers did not give us this option. They just forced it on us. There is a line somewhere on their webpage announcing this 'upgrade'. It says something to the effect 'Give it a chance. You will learn to love it'. To me that sounds like they already know it is a piece of crap and a lot of people are not going to like it.

I have sent my dislike of this new format to Rogers and demanded they either fix the many flaws I listed to them or put us back to the only slightly flawed way it used to be. They won't do it, of course, but it had to be said. I believe I will not be alone in this opinion.

I Plan to Stick Around

It's atrocious that this travisty has been foisted on us. Was it designed by some school kid as a homework exercise?

Try this one, KWoo, you come in shortly after a program begins to record and would like to watch it from the beginning whilst recording continues. No can do because programs recording aren't listed until recording is complete. Yet another improvement. Somebody at Rogers should look up improvement in the dictionary.

And if you're watching a recorded program?

I kinda think we'd figured that out Corgi. Still a bummer if you're already into the recording though, eh?

I'm Here A Lot

the only way that you will be able to watch a program already in the recording mode is view your list of programs already taped and anything with a red dot on it means that it is currently recording. Switch to that channel and then rewind to the beginning. Way to much work if you ask me. A lot of improvements need to be made to stick around with Rogers for another year.
I've Been Here Awhile

I've been waiting since July 29th for a solution to this problem and have had Rogers at my house twice. They don't know how to fix it. Plus, with the Navigatr change, I lost all my pvr recorded programs. Can't fix or explain that either.
I'm an Advisor

Could not figure out how to turn cc on/off in a recorderd program.

Like everything else with NAVIKRAP it extremely difficult and non-intuitive.

Please give uis back our old guide !

Here's what finally worked for me, thanks to  @corgi998 (lots of "likes" ) with the useful info.

- live TV

- info

- more

- down to cc on/off

- select your choice on or off  (its the opposite of what the text says)

- list to find your recording again

- resume

PS: Where is Rogers help here ?

PPS: Why do supposed "experts" who are guessing with random ideas in an area where they have zero first hand knowledge keep posting ?

Additional comment one hour later:

PPPS: Interestiung. Found out I already posted the magic sequence above and Rogers accepted is a solution back in early August, but forgot how to do it after being away for a couple weeks ?  It  just reiforces the earlier point about this thing being "extremely difficult and non-intuitive."

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the info on cc. Hopefully they will add cc to taped shows soon..that is when I used it most.

I Plan to Stick Around

@JW86
You can get cc on recorded shows as per the solution posted by "krap" on Oct 22. However, you have to follow those steps BEFORE you start watching your recording. If you click on INFO once you're watching the recording, you don't get the same options. Again, not terribly intuitive!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I understand the steps that I need to follow re closed caption. However, having to start the closed caption before watching the recorded program is awkward.  There needs to an update where we can use cc whenever we want it as with the previous program.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.