Closed caption with new Nextbox navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Closed caption with new Nextbox navigator

How can you select the "More" button.. I tried it all night last night and still cannot figure it out..  I tried the Arrow key, volume key, channel key and none works

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I meant the "more" button after you hit the "info" button

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

on the Nextbox 3.0 when you hit the info button when you're watching live tv it should pop up on the right hand side 'record this program', 'record this series', then the 'more' button click on that and you will get to the section that you can turn on cc. it will says 'cc on'.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Looks like another glitch with NB2 which I have.  It show the "More" button on screen right hand corner after I hit the "info" button on the remote.. But there is no way I can navigate to the "More" button to select it..

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Seems like ANOTHER bug around the NB2.

The settings not always being accessible.
Wiped Recordings.
PIN requirements all the time.
Now this potential issue..

Personally.. i beleive the the Navigatr guide should be rolled back on all NB2s at this point 😞

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Now that I know how to turn on the CC, I haven't encountered any more big issues - all my recordings are intact, I can access Settings, Info, etc. Having said that, there are other things that are an annoyance but they don't stop me from doing what I need.

For example:

• Recorded shows and scheduled recordings are all grouped together by show. 
  • Can't see full description of recorded show, even when selecting "Info"
  • When you sort recordings alphabetically and save the setting, it reverts back to "Most recent" each time you go back into recordings

Overall, I'm not convinced the new navigatr is making my life easier and enhancing my viewing experience!!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

OK.. finally found a solution to turn on the CC on a NB2 for now.  While watching live TV, hit "Guide" button on remote.  This brings up the guide menu with the live TV channel on.  Then hit "info" on remote which will then add another sub menu on the right hand side of the Guide screen.  Scroll down using the arrow key to "Turn CC on" .  Then hit exit to go back to the regular Guide screen and hit exit again to go back to the live TV channel.. 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

The OP's original issue, which he said Rogers staff couldn't even provide a solution for, still has no solution - and won't until the software is updated with a fix.

The problem posted was that Navigatr provides no way for users to bring up CC on RECORDINGS, only on live(/cached live) tv.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

If you turn on the cc the way I did while watching live tv my cc comes on automatically on my already taped programs. I have the Nextbox 3.0 perhaps you have the model before this one?
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@corgi998 wrote:
If you turn on the cc the way I did while watching live tv my cc comes on automatically on my already taped programs. I have the Nextbox 3.0 perhaps you have the model before this one?

Ah, now I understand - and having tested your instruction abov, I stand corrected.

The wording in your original post, that was marked as "the Solution" was, from my perspective, a bit ambiguous. If the 1st sentence had started with "just figured out how to turn [on] the cc on the navigatr" and finished with the key addition alluded to above, ".. and keep it on so you can have cc while watching recordings"... that would have been more clear - especially as some people were apparently having issues just finding 'CC' on live tv. I read your post as you were sharing you'd just figured that out.

Thanks for the clarification and workaround.