Closed caption with new Nextbox navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Closed caption with new Nextbox navigator

I'm hoping someone out there can help me. We just got the new navigator system for Nextbox and I can't figure out how to get closed captioning on tv shows that I have recorded and now want to watch.

In the past, I could turn CC off and on using the INFO button on the remote. Now when I select INFO, my recorded tv show stops and I go back to the recorded shows page. I contacted Rogers support and they don't know how to do it - they've set up a ticket for investigation; it will take up to 48 hours to get a response.

Anyone have any suggestions in the meantime?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Closed caption with new Nextbox navigator

Unfortunatly, most of us RE's haven't had a chance to go hands on with Navigatr yet.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are a few of us with NO navigatr capable boxes..

And the rest of us, live in the areas getting it later Smiley Tongue

We REALLY need to be in a TEST group for these things...

Maybe we would have found some of the bugs like the 8642 wipe... >.>

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

^Agreed. <.< (@Gdkitty)

Hi @KWoo - Suggestion wise: Have you gone into settings and see if CC is located there? There should be a "Settings" Button on your remote or "Menu"

I also am in the area that gets it later.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

HOPEFULLY it has not gone back to the SARA way of enable/disable CC..

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

What is this SARA way? o__o
I'm Here A Lot

just figured out how to turn the cc on the navigatr.  You cannot turn it on if you are watching a show that you taped but you can turn it on while watching any 'live' channel. 

Press 'info' button on remote, click on more (on the right hand side) scroll down using your down arrow button to 'cc on' and it will turn it on. 

When you want to turn it off just do the same thing but turn 'cc off'.

hope this helps!

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks corgi998. I knew how to turn it on watching live tv......assumed it would be the same for recorded shows! Just have to remember to turn it on while live before switching to something on the pvr. Appreciate the assistance.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@KWoo wrote:

I'm hoping someone out there can help me. We just got the new navigator system for Nextbox and I can't figure out how to get closed captioning on tv shows that I have recorded and now want to watch.

In the past, I could turn CC off and on using the INFO button on the remote. Now when I select INFO, my recorded tv show stops and I go back to the recorded shows page. I contacted Rogers support and they don't know how to do it - they've set up a ticket for investigation; it will take up to 48 hours to get a response.

Situation: ridiculous. Further proof that Navigatr was not tested properly.

Further proof of poor design.

I've Been Here Awhile

Navigatr doesn't show any settings.  It's just a blank grey screen.  Another bug no doubt.  For people who need CC it's helpful but it's very annoying for those that don't need it.