CityTV Randomly Freezes

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mascf1
I Plan to Stick Around

CityTV Randomly Freezes

For the past 2 weeks Rogers CityTV channel 7 has been randomly freezing then the picture goes completely green and stays like that for 1-2 minute before the screen goes black and the picture and sound come back.  This ONLY happens on CityTV and the same behaviour occurs over the internet on AnyplaceTV at the exact same point in the broadcast where it froze on the cable broadcast.

Rogers support have been completely useless,  continually insisting the issue is my Rogers cable box and ignoring the fact that it’s also happen over the internet and has nothing to do with the 4K PVR.  Support even tell you AnyplaceTV does a 2 way sync with the cable box, which is total nonsense, the box can be completely disconnected from the coax cable and AnyplaceTV still works!  AnyplaceTV only uses your account info to verify you subscribe to cable TV.  I’m fed up with their incompetence and lies!  Took them over a year to fix severe macroblocking that was caused at the head end, now this freezing issue is getting the same treatment!

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: CityTV Randomly Freezes

The only time I watch CityTV is at 11PM for the news.   I also noticed the same thing as you, but I thought it was an issue with City.  I simply switched to a different channel since I'm not tied to the programming.  Good luck.

Although Anyplace may "check" to see if you have a cable box, I agree that it can certainly work stand-alone and certainly doesn't "synch" in any way with the box - for example by using a tuner.

You may wish to contact City about the issue, giving times, programming, service provider, etc.

RogersTony

Hello, @mascf1

Thanks so much for reporting this issue.

We'll need to run some tests on your equipment to see if we can detect any issues with the signal levels. With other users reporting this we will most likely need to escalate a ticket to our video network operations team for further investigation.

Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this for you. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony

Andrew455
I've Been Around

Problem is with your issue geegee, is that if it is indeed a sinal issue , and it stems from the cables INSIDE the building, it is not up to Rogers to fix. Rogers (or any providers) responsibility is only to the outside of the building, and from the wall to the box. Anything else in the end is the owners responsibility. So it would be up to the condo itself to replace the cabling if it was the problem.

iMessage PC

mascf1
I Plan to Stick Around

You clearly missed the point that I’m NOT the only customer experiencing this issue, so it’s NOT a cable issue!
mascf1
I Plan to Stick Around

Had a Rogers Tech appointment today and he said this is a CityTV issue not a cable signal issue.  Support needs to send this over to CityTV to deal with!